Help! What right do I have with a faulty E-bike

Captaintomo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 1, 2020
Hey guys first post here.

I have an Orbea city bike. Purchased roughly 13 months ago now purchased from an online retailer.

Upon arrival it had to go to my local bike shop twice for various mecahnical fixes. Headset missing parts etc. Retailer was good about it and reimbursed costs.

Hoever in March it began developing electrical issues where it would restart constantly. Sent it back to retailer and they replaced some wires. This took over a month.

Few months later same thing happened again and there was loads of error codes on the Bosch Screen. Once again it got sent back and they reckoned it would need a new motor. However in talks with Bosch they decided to replace all the lights and cabling.

I took delivery of it again and on out of the box the rear light didnt work. They took it back and apologised because they didn't actually replace the lights. I reckon it had an over voltage on the cable and blew the light because the error codes previously were about over votlage but who knows.

So i've just received it back and the rear light is dim. Upon inspection the cables into the rear light literally just fell out. Also checked the voltage on the rear light cable terminals and it's 7v (the front is 12/13v). Before it got sent away it was the full 12v!

Something weird with this bikes electrics going on and I do not trust it anymore! Also this bike has been off road for three months of the year!

The retailer has come back with an offer of either me taking it the a local repairer to get it fixed and reimburse £50 or I send it back for a new bike but they will knock off fare wear and tear when giving me a price for the bike.

What a nightmare, Any advice appreciated! Thanks

Last edited: