what the best starter kit to fit to my bike

RobB

Just Joined
Sep 14, 2008
How about the cyclone?

I am in a similar position to angellonewolf being short of cash and wanting to update an old electric bike motor ( from a 90's tga kit) I have adapted to fit my basic tourer. I am considering buying the cyclone after Christmas if I have the cash. I will probably have to manage for a while with the 2x 17a sla batteries I have until either they give out or I have enough to buy a ping lipo4 or similar pack.
At the moment the cyclone is about £227 delivered. Electric bicycle DIY kits kit e-bike DIY kits kit Electric bicycle DIY kits kit e-bike DIY kits kit Electric bicycle DIY kits kit e-bike DIY kits kit Does anyone know have any experience of the 500w kit on ebay. 500W 36V/48V ELECTRIC BICYCLE E-BIKE RETROFIT KITS on eBay, also Other Bike Parts, Bike Parts, Cycling, Sporting Goods (end time 03-Nov-08 18:04:09 GMT)
Cheap at about £200 including delivery but still needs batteries. Maybe overpowered? The Cyclone seems to be more established, tried and tested with some reviews and advice on this forum and I would guess possibly better backup.
I am attracted to the Cyclone rather than a second hand electric bike because it should be relatively efficient, can be fitted to a bike of my choice and all the parts seem to be available separately.
Rob

angellonewolf

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2008
hi looks a good kit but i do abuse my bike and it said a touchy unit (need care when using prob no bumps or bumping kerbs)

thanks angel