Which battery?

StuartBB

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 24, 2018
Hi my HL 48v 12ah downtube battery has died. Do I have to replace with exact same battery or for example, can I get a 12.5ah or 13ah? Some advice please...Thank you so much!

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You can get any capacity you want, but be aware that there are two different Hailong cases that look the same, but are completely different in all respects, so you might find that you have to remove your old receiver and put in a new rivnut or two to line up with the new fixing points.

It's a shame you didn't look at the forum last week. Yosepower did a flash sale of 48v 12Ah Hailong batteries for £155 delivered. A few of us got one or more. It's now back up to around £200, still not a bad price as long as your motor isn't too powerful, as it's 20A max.

Fiddler

Nov 15, 2020
Liverpool
You can get any capacity you want, but be aware that there are two different Hailong cases that look the same, but are completely different in all respects, so you might find that you have to remove your old receiver and put in a new rivnut or two to line up with the new fixing points.

It's a shame you didn't look at the forum last week. Yosepower did a flash sale of 48v 12Ah Hailong batteries for £155 delivered. A few of us got one or more. It's now back up to around £200, still not a bad price as long as your motor isn't too powerful, as it's 20A max.
Just first rides with new conversion impressed with Hailong 48 /13 . Range now ? Done 25 miles and 3 dots still showing at rest . .can't wait to help others convert . EV rules

• :D
Reactions: PC2017

StuartBB

Aug 24, 2018
Hi, thank you so much for your help! I am looking at purchasing the Yosepower battery!

Feb 3, 2021
Stuart, one a bit indecent question if I might. How long did this battery serve you? Was it new or used when you bought the bike?

• Agree

StuartBB

Aug 24, 2018
Stuart, one a bit indecent question if I might. How long did this battery serve you? Was it new or used when you bought the bike?
Hi, the battery is still going strong! I thought it had died but one of the elements had somehow become a little out of place. Once it had been straightened up and some grease put on, all worked again and still going strong! I have had the battery for a couple of years now.

Related Articles

Advertisers