Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Volt Pulse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jackie Sengal

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 17, 2018
I've been checking online for an ebike for over a month now and narrowed it down to 4 possibilities Batribike Delta, Batribike Alpha, Volt pulse and the Oxegen S cross Mtb, which one should I choose, I have tested the Delta but they had no Alpha in stock at that time and for the others the dealers are too far away, but any experience and knowledge of any of these bikes would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi Welcome
I would suggest riding a bike
If you can’t work out from frame geometry what suits you then test rides are the only way
Otherwise you will be buying blind and maybe regretting your purchase which to many do

• Agree
Reactions: JuicyBike

Jackie Sengal

Jun 17, 2018
I tested the Delta which is similar to what I have been used to having ridden mountain bikes for many years

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you should at least try a crank drive bike, Giant, Cube, Haibike, Raleiigh etc..

Make a list:

- crank drive or geared hub?
- lightweight or fully equipped with rack and mudguards?
- frame type and style: folding or not folding? wheel size: 26,27.5 or 29?
- range and battery size
- budget

Then there is the issue of on going maintenance: can you deal with maintenance yourself? Also, do let us know your weight and height, the type of rides you want to do etc..

Jackie Sengal

Jun 17, 2018
My max budget is £1800, range about 25 + miles, height 5ft 10" I prefer 27.5 - 29 than 26, not folding as not needed. mudguards preferable. My riding now will be mainly commuting to work a few hills included in the ride. I would prefer a local dealer which is why I mainly ruled out woosh Rio mtb. I admit I don't like the look of step through bikes- just my own opinion as to what I would ride

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
My max budget is £1800, range about 25 + miles, height 5ft 10" I prefer 27.5 - 29 than 26, not folding as not needed. mudguards preferable. My riding now will be mainly commuting to work a few hills included in the ride. I would prefer a local dealer which is why I mainly ruled out woosh Rio mtb. I admit I don't like the look of step through bikes- just my own opinion as to what I would ride
Where in the country are you Jackie?

There might be some retailers near you that you haven't yet found...

Test rides are definitely the way to go.

Jackie Sengal

Jun 17, 2018
thankyou for your replies and advice, I am in Newcastle under Lyme Staffordshire, I tested the Delta in Electric avenue on Saturday but there are a couple of others in Stoke-on-Trent but none that I had on my shortlist- Swinnerton cycles, E bike shed and electric bike factory

Last edited:

Martsky

Apr 21, 2017
Sheffield
@Jackie Sengal I'm currently shopping to replace my (much loved) Rio MTB, so I may be able to help!

I'd definitely agree with a test ride, especially as you can afford a hub or crank drive motor - they're very different beasts. You could head to Halfords, as they stock both types. The voodoo bizango is bang on your budget and looks pretty good.

You could also afford the cheaper Cube acid MTB or cross or touring hybrid bikes - or the cheaper haibikes as @Woosh pointed out. That's if you can find somewhere near by to try them out, or fancy a gamble!

The Rio is a cracking bike btw, you won't find anything better for the price - I'm only upgrading because I can afford more now so I can get a hub drive MTB. It's been pretty reliable, and any issues I've had Woosh have sent parts and instructions, and local shops have been able to sort anything I couldn't.

Jackie Sengal

Jun 17, 2018
Thanks Martsky I was considering a trip to Halfords as well. I will check out the bikes you suggest as well as the Haibike