Which eMTB for ~£4k?

stringsonfire

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2019
I've been offered an ex-demo Merida eOne-Sixty 800 for £4k, down from the standard price of £4700. It's had an easy life so far at 99 miles round the local green area.

Is there anything comparable to this model at around this price I should consider?

Thanks!

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
For £4k I'd have said the world's your lobster, but you need to have a good look around the internet and certainly try as many as you are able to before you commit. Three years ago I was really surprised to find the bike I had my heart set on was not to my liking at all once I got on it.

Have you looked at the current deal David has on his Wisper Wildcat's? - not sure how any he has left.

Gaz

MarcusT

Pedelecer
May 5, 2019
NE Italy
The price is not really that good for a demo. It is a good bike, but for that kind of money, you have a large market to look at. I would shop around a little more

stringsonfire

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2019
Thanks. I did some more research and sat on some more bikes. If I still had the budget, I'd get a Whisper Wolf or Wildcat, but my company won't increase their Cycle Scheme limit and I'm buying for my partner as well now, so I won't be able to get either

Reactions: M1watch