Who is right and who is wrong? - How taxpayers money is wasted!

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Why not? Because the DoT advice for cyclists is that if you want to cycle above 18mph you should use the road.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And the condition of many cyclepaths is too poor for road bikes skinny tyres since they are rarely or never maintained.

D

Deleted member 4366

Didn't I read somewhere that the highway code says that you shouldn't go over 12mph on a cycle path.

I mainly don't use them because of suicidal pedestrians, broken glass all over them and tree roots growing under them, which causes bumps that break your back - plus, I'm often travelling at over 20 mph, which would be too dangerous on a cycle path.

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
If people don't use them then the cost divided by those who do must be astronomical, you can't blame motorists who are fed up being stuck behind lycra clowns listen to their iPods who believe their taxes paid for cycle paths get get them off the road, and then all of a sudden any excuse and they are back harassing motorists.

Cyclist should be fined for cycling on the road anywhere where there is a cycle path and if necessary cycle slower, because when they are on the road they cause cars to go slower! If there is a problem with the path then they should set up weekend work groups to go out and fix them, that way the cyclist who pay absolutely nothing towards the upkeep of the road (yes I know what you are going to say but this is motorists minds I am talking about) could actually do something to benefit them and others. All this nanny state that make people believe others owe them, well stuff that get out and sort it!

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Didn't I read somewhere that the highway code says that you shouldn't go over 12mph on a cycle path.

I mainly don't use them because of suicidal pedestrians, broken glass all over them and tree roots growing under them, which causes bumps that break your back - plus, I'm often travelling at over 20 mph, which would be too dangerous on a cycle path.
So you are travelling at a maximum of 20mph on a 30 or 40mph road, what gives you the right to block the road and cause tail backs of cars who want to go at their permitted speed, get back on the track! Selfish Cyclists, give them a yard and they take a mile!!!! I'm not like that I use the tracks when they are there and I can do short burst up to 26mph dependent on conditions!

• Disagree
Reactions: Artstu and Warwick

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
So you are travelling at a maximum of 20mph on a 30 or 40mph road, what gives you the right to block the road and cause tail backs of cars who want to go at their permitted speed, get back on the track! Selfish Cyclists, give them a yard and they take a mile!!!! I'm not like that I use the tracks when they are there and I can do short burst up to 26mph dependent on conditions!
I've paid enough over the years towards the roads and still paying. If I choose to cycle on them, I will.
The problem is with the up their own asses, get out of my way motorists and not the cyclists.
If the cycle paths going where I want and is clear of pedestrians and dogs then I may choose that option but it's my choice.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com

So would you ride through/along here?

Last edited:

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
I've paid enough over the years towards the roads and still paying. If I choose to cycle on them, I will.
The problem is with the up their own asses, get out of my way motorists and not the cyclists.
If the cycle paths going where I want and is clear of pedestrians and dogs then I may choose that option but it's my choice.
Typical arrogant cyclists, no wonder motorists hate them!

• Disagree
Reactions: Warwick

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The same rights that milk floats, tractors, JCBs, road rollers and other slow moving vehicles have to use the roads. After all, bicycles are much easier to overtake than those.

And there's an increasing trend towards restricting all traffic to 20 mph in towns, bringing all down to cycling speeds, true in the north of our borough as well. These 20 mph zones were at first residential but TfL is now running a trial on the main routes like red routes.

• Agree
Reactions: chris_n

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
The same rights that milk floats, tractors, JCBs and other slow moving vehicles have to use the roads. After all, bicycles are much easier to overtake than those.

And there's an increasing trend towards restricting all traffic to 20 mph in towns, bringing all down to cycling speeds, true in the north of our borough as well. These 20 mph zones were at first residential but TfL is now running a trial on the main routes like red routes.
All that 20mph stuff is probably come about by cyclists infiltrating local authorities, they need to add cycling in the vetting procedure questions so its easier to get normal people that represent the MAJORITY of the public who use the roads, not the winging minority, and I AM a cyclist but don't whinge, I give way and don't obstruct these fine motor vehicles that are on the roads today!

D

Deleted member 4366

Instead of getting the cyclists off the road, they should get all the cars off the road. Most of them don't need to be there anyway. They're just to lazy to walk or use a bike, especially those that complain about the cyclists. I met one once outside Aldi where I get my chicken and mango salads. He had driven to the adjacent pizza hut to get his pizzas. He was fat and had already had one heart attack. How much did that cost us all?

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Instead of getting the cyclists off the road, they should get all the cars off the road. Most of them don't need to be there anyway. They're just to lazy to walk or use a bike, especially those that complain about the cyclists. I met one once outside Aldi where I get my chicken and mango salads. He had driven to the adjacent pizza hut to get his pizzas. He was fat and had already had one heart attack. How much did that cost us all?
How do you know he didn't have an illness that made him fat, see! arrogant cyclist again!

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
The last time I used a cycle path I hit a fat woman at about 25 mph. It did a lot of damage to my 3 month old carbon road bike. Plus most of the cycle paths near me are a disgrace. They consist of poorly maintained token jestures laid out in a piecemeal fashion. No doubt only constructed begrudgingly in order to meet targets.

I read recently that the Fire Brigade are being called upon with increasing frequency to extract lard arses from their homes. The Fire and Rescue service are having to invest in special slings and lifting machinery to "crane" these monstrosities out of the house, via removed window frames, and into the street. Should we be charging these fat people suffering from this self inflicted injury (gluttony ) a premium for this service?

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
What gives people the right to block the carriageways with parked cars??? And what about horses. They're all over the place up here. No insurance etc and up to our ankles in h/s

D

Deleted member 4366

How do you know he didn't have an illness that made him fat, see! arrogant cyclist again!
That's right about him being arrogant, but he wasn't a cyclist: He had driven to pizza hut. You're also right about his illness, which is called lazy, greedy pig syndrome, though he said that it wasn't anything, just his big bones.

• :D
Reactions: Jimod

Advertisers