Who is right and who is wrong? - How taxpayers money is wasted!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
they need to add cycling in the vetting procedure questions so its easier to get normal people that represent the MAJORITY of the public who use the roads,
In fact there are now almost as many cyclists as car drivers commuting into Central London and the remaining small gap is continuing to close.

So the majority claim might not have the effect you desire. Given also the large increase in bus travel, looking after the majority could result in many more bus/cycle lanes.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Most cyclepaths are afterthoughts designed by people who drive cars and will never use the facilities they design. For example, there is a cyclepath between Warwick and Leamington. It travels alongside a busy road and the path is shared with pedestrians. In fact, it goes past a very large secondary school, so the path is very clogged up with school children at peak hours. That's one stupid thing about it.

Secondly, there are five culs-de-sac along one stretch - all with very few houses. However, the designers saw fit to require cyclists to give way to the culs-de-sac, so cyclists are supposed to slow down every hundred yards or so, instead of requiring cars to give way to cyclists.

I just use the road, it's safer.

Now, please go and troll elsewhere...

• Agree
Reactions: Artstu

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I used to have a clockwork mouse when I were a kid.
You know, the wind up type! Never did like it.
I still have one, it's a lot of fun.

• :D
Reactions: SRS

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
So you are travelling at a maximum of 20mph on a 30 or 40mph road, what gives you the right to block the road and cause tail backs of cars who want to go at their permitted speed, get back on the track! Selfish Cyclists, give them a yard and they take a mile!!!! I'm not like that I use the tracks when they are there and I can do short burst up to 26mph dependent on conditions!
The cyclist is there by right, the motorist only by licence. That can be taken away and by the sounds of it, the sooner the better in your case.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

bugger i missed again stop following my tracks :)

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
I personally think all cyclists should be licenced!
I did my cycling proficiency test.

Taking your idea further I think all new drivers should be required to ride a bicycle for a minimum number of hours before they can get behind the wheel of a car. They can do the riding with a GPS camera on the bike pointing at the rider to check it is actually them doing the riding.

Last edited:

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
I did my cycling proficiency test.

Taking your idea further I think all new drivers should be required to ride a bicycle for a minimum number of hours before they can get into a car. They can do the riding with a GPS camera on the bike pointing at the rider to check it is actually them doing the riding.
I think all cyclists should have a driving licence that way they can understand cars more! If not that at least some kind of test before they get on a road and mix with drivers, its common sense!

At the end of the day fast moving lumps of metal are going to be a threat to any bit of metal tubing with an exposed person sitting on it, the only way is to segregate both. I try to keep off busy roads as much as possible, but it is scary even as a very experienced driver being ion a busy fast road, its death waiting to happen!

• Disagree

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I think all cyclists should have a driving licence
Most cyclists do have a driving license, but this is honestly one of the most stupidest things you have said on this forum to date. I know you're no fool, so this can only be described as just downright lazy, garden variety trolling.

I have always been a proponent of yours and have enjoyed your normally uniquely entertaining form of trolling, but this is just low-hanging fruit. Quite frankly I expect more from you!

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Most cyclists do have a driving license, but this is honestly one of the most stupidest things you have said on this forum to date. I know you're no fool, so this can only be described as just downright lazy, garden variety trolling.

I have always been a proponent of yours and have enjoyed your normally uniquely entertaining form of trolling, but this is just low-hanging fruit. Quite frankly I expect more from you!
My stupid reply was in reply to the stupid post I was responding to where it was suggested all drivers learn to ride a bike, maybe you should read that and comment!

Roads are for cars, cycle paths are for bikes, deaths will continue to occur where the two are forced to meet, especially where large lorries are concerned with blind spots. I am all for cycles but also have common sense, unfortunately a number of cyclists are arrogant, selfish, deluded, ignorant lunatics who should not be let near or allowed on a road, pedelecs do seem to be different, although I have my suspicions about a minority on here :p

• Offensive Language

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Wrong! Roads are for the Roman army to march on.

What happens to the bikes when the cycle path comes to an end?
I don't think the Roman army had windy country lanes and roads!

I did say use a cycle path when supplied, I guess you would just have to walk with it on a pavement and if there wasn't one speak to your council or get a car like normal everyday people!

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
  • Agree

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
The carriage way is for carriages, be theyhorse drawn, motor propelled or two wheeled.
The only motor way, is the motorways.
But why am I feeding the troll?

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
The carriage way is for carriages, be theyhorse drawn, motor propelled or two wheeled.
The only motor way, is the motorways.
But why am I feeding the troll?
Naively we believe we can educate him.

• Agree
Reactions: D8ve

Advertisers