Will 26 x 2.35" wide tyres fit under the Ezee mudguards?

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
cyclezee can probrably answer this for you but in case not. How much space do you currently have between tyre and mudguard ?

And, as an aside, the link seems to say 24 x 2.35 ? but you'll need 26 inch for a forza (as per your title)

HypnoToad

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 13, 2012
I haven't ordered anything yet, good spot with the 24" tyres, I'll make sure I go for the 26" tyres when ordering. I'll try contacting Cyclezee as I'm also after an Ezee torque arm also.

Right now I'm using the 2" wide marathon plus tyre, and while there is some room, there isn't loads. I'll grab a photo tomorrow, as I really would like to keep the mudguards if I can.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The 2" Big Apples are also more comfortable than normal tyres and much easier to accommodate than the 2.35". After the stiff and somewhat uncomfortable Marathon Plus tyres, you'd find the 2" Big Apple a revelation for comfort.

HypnoToad

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 13, 2012
The 2" Big Apples are also more comfortable than normal tyres and much easier to accommodate than the 2.35". After the stiff and somewhat uncomfortable Marathon Plus tyres, you'd find the 2" Big Apple a revelation for comfort.
Thanks for the reply, I must admit the marathons are pretty hard, I guess they're designed for durability over comfort.

I managed to find a shop that had the 2.35" tyres on offer at less than £20 for the liteskin version, so I went for a pair. I'm just hoping I can squeeze them in, and if not the shop has free returns and I can go for some thinner ones if I need to. :)

Advertisers