Window Shopping....as you do...

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Shame you can't try the Canyon before you buy. I will be trying the Merida though along with the shimano steps system, this so very much appeals. Don't get me wrong I can sing my motors praises, but lots of people are telling me how good the shimano steps system is. I like the look on how they've mounted it on the Canyon, tilting upwards slightly.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Shame you can't try the Canyon before you buy. I will be trying the Merida though along with the shimano steps system, this so very much appeals. Don't get me wrong I can sing my motors praises, but lots of people are telling me how good the shimano steps system is. I like the look on how they've mounted it on the Canyon, tilting upwards slightly.
that bike is 6k tho and dont forget the sram etap system for mtbs will be out this year for electric shifting prob add 2k extra for that lol ;)

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
True....I don't think I'd be too keen on the electric shifting albeit probably much smoother. More dosh to pay out if you brake it the mech or bash it. The Merida 800e hasn't got the Di2. I'm leaning more to the Canyon. Roll on the 8th for a proper look. I wonder if EMBN will shoe it off given that Mr Nicoli is sponsored by them.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
True....I don't think I'd be too keen on the electric shifting albeit probably much smoother. More dosh to pay out if you brake it the mech or bash it. The Merida 800e hasn't got the Di2. I'm leaning more to the Canyon. Roll on the 8th for a proper look. I wonder if EMBN will shoe it off given that Mr Nicoli is sponsored by them.
The Merida has had excellent reviews. 900e has Di2 but at price.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Wife and I feel for impulse buy for her new bike. She gets a better bike, I get access to 2nd battery, just need to offload old bike will still in warranty.
Started to use wife's 400wh battery for most riding to extend life on my 500wh. Plan is use 500wh for long rides. This was a bonus I hadn't thought of when buying her new bike.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Shame you can't try the Canyon before you buy.
As Canyon don't use dealers, they often participate in demo days, where you can indeed try their bikes!
Do a google every now and again. It wouldn't surprise me if their new eMTB pops up somewhere soon (but check the details, in the last demo day I went to when they were there, they only brought road bikes)

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Trevormonty,
Never in a million years would I allow my hubs to use my battery he's got his won o_O.
I wouldn't pay the extra for the Di2 the 800 e would suit me better, but the Canyon nicer price, nicer bike.....
Thanks GLJoe shall keep me eyes open.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Trevormonty,
Never in a million years would I allow my hubs to use my battery he's got his won o_O.
I wouldn't pay the extra for the Di2 the 800 e would suit me better, but the Canyon nicer price, nicer bike.....
Thanks GLJoe shall keep me eyes open.
In our case it doesn't matter any long ride we will be together rotating batteries as needed. I tend use lot less as I'm happy to ride without assist on flat.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
What's the market like for used Haibikes ???
So many weeks of research and comparisons and now I'm thinking I'd like the Canyon in my wee stable.
Where would be the best place to sell them, ebay ? here ? local paper ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
What's the market like for used Haibikes ???
So many weeks of research and comparisons and now I'm thinking I'd like the Canyon in my wee stable.
Where would be the best place to sell them, ebay ? here ? local paper ?
depends what model it is and how many miles but full sus are going from £1300 - 2000 on the sold listing on ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-bike-Haibike-Xduro-All-Mountain-Pro-2015-model-top-condition/232659174114?hash=item362b9142e2:g:gbIAAOSws0JafKBE

mine is the 2014 to give you a idea

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Thanks soundwave, most helpful. I've never done ebay before I'd have to get hubs to do it or my eldest son.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Firstly I am an eBay seller with over 10 years experience selling photography equipment and have sold over 10,000 items so I know my way around eBay.
I have sold a few of my bikes on eBay and they were all sold in the same way.. I listed them in a 7 or 10 day Auction Format for just 99p with the intention of cancelling the sale early if they didn't get enough bids to the price I wanted, but in all cases and within only a few days, in one case hours, I was inundated with offers to buy it for cash outside eBay and I was able to bargain one against another to achieve a good price and again in all cases the sale went well with all buyers coming to collect, paying in cash and going away happy.
Ebay doesn't like people doing this for obvious reasons and have been trying to stop it for a while, in fact they may have already done so, but my way around this was to add a buy it now price during the Auction for the agreed amount at a set time for my preferred buyer. If they don't want to do this and ask me to take it off sale, I take a small PayPal payment as a deposit before I cancel the sale.
These bikes were not e-bikes and were sold for hundred of pounds not thousands, so I have to say that as an experienced eBay seller I would hesitate and think more than twice before trying to sell an expensive bike in this way.
I also have an expensive e-MTB that I have been considering selling for a while now but don't want to eBay it.
Two other things to consider..
1) If you list on eBay be wary of the selling fees for Listing, Completed Sale, BIN, Reserve Price and payment by PayPal as they can add up to a considerable amount and you need to factor this into your asking price.
2) Wording is very important to get good visibility so research how others are listed and if you find a good listing with a lot of bids there will be a "sell one like this" link that will help you list yours, just remember to change all the Key words and description relevant to your bike.
I should also add that I have never been ripped off on eBay, but I have read about many who have.
Hope this helps, and good luck if you decide do it.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Decisions have been made...... :D
Keeping Haibikes and buying the Canyon Spectral-on's.
Got savings, but you only live once. They are on order and I'm very excited. I've gone for the womens 6.0 and he's having the 7.0.
Mines all black his will be the green and black. The nice thing is both my grown up boys will be able to come out with us now too as they can use the haibikes.
I'm going to use the haibike as my "other" bike and we'll get rid of the his road bike and my hard tail.
How's that :D:D:D

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Got savings, but you only live once. They are on order and I'm very excited. I've gone for the womens 6.0 and he's having the 7.0.
Mines all black his will be the green and black. The nice thing is both my grown up boys will be able to come out with us now too as they can use the haibikes.
I'm going to use the haibike as my "other" bike and we'll get rid of the his road bike and my hard tail.
Sounds like you will need a bigger garage to keep em in!

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Awesome!
I'm looking forward to a detailed comparison review!!

I get the feeling they are going to be reeeeeealy great bikes. Can't see Canyon releasing a dud.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Have to wait a while to get them, dispatch 16th April. We could have had them a week earlier if I'd gone for the red and black, but don't like the colour and we'd be away as well.
Quite excited to say the least.

Reactions: oyster

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Trying to window shop without getting all spendy is one thing but to have to listen to others exitedly going on about a purchase is quite another! My google fingers are getting decidedly itchy!!
Only thing stopping me following suit right now is the 300 mile round trip to buy one...

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
I don't know how many miles it would take to get to "abroad" to go collect mine. Shall I be quiet now Gubbins :);)

Related Articles

Advertisers