Wisper in Tenerife!

john attaway

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 4, 2011
Hi All
My wife and I are just in to our sixties and have just taken her Wisper 905 eco to Tenerife
(via Ryanair £40 one way) We are in the process of moving out there in October on a permanent basis and wanted to get the bike over there in readiness.
The Wisper is my wife's bike and she absolutely loves it!
The area around the Golf Del Sur is fairly hilly especially going up from the marina towards Los Chafiras where the Supermacado (supermarket ) is but the Wisper goes up with ease,I of course on my conventional bike have to stop fairly frequently and just have to say to her "see you at the top ! This got me thinking I've got to get one of these!
We had a couple of weeks over there and whilst we saw plenty of bikes none were Electric types. Carreffore near Santa Cruz had a couple for sale but they looked
really antiquated in comparison with the Wisper.
Now back home I have spent some time looking on the net and found there is an awful lot of choice out there.
The Wisper has a 250 watt motor and the speed is limited to around 15 mph to comply with UK/ laws etc etc I feel I could do with a bike with a little more speed to it and hill climbing ability in other words a larger motor or one that can be de restricted at the flick of a switch. Are there any bikes that will do this does anyone know at a reasonable cost?
Alien Ocean do a really good deal with the Aurora £999 350 watt motor but it is way way too big for me with my Inside leg 29 1/2 inches.!
The other option is the 750 watt Apollo !! It has a large capacity battery 16 AH which if the bike is ridden fairly conservatively should last a fair time I would have thought.
Has anyone had/got experienced this bike or any other bike with this size motor?
Look forward to any comments/advice if you can.
Regards
John

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Welcome to the forum John. There are a number of members with the Aurora. I'm sure they will be glad to advise you.. Perhaps you could post in the main forum and entitle your post "Alien Aurora - advice please" or similar ... Also, you might want to consider getting another Wisper model but with a similar spec to your partners. I've done this and if I want to go for a long ride I take my wife's battery ...;) - I also saved some money on the charger. Good luck in your quest.