Wispers in Portugal

k2397

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 13, 2020
Lagos, Portugal
I am just over 60, my wife just under, and we are retired and living in Portugal. We are both quite tall, I am 6' 2" and she is 5'10", and we are not lightweights. We both have hybrid bikes but have found ourselves a bit limited by the hills and headwinds that one encounters around here - also by our general unfitness of course. So my wife has decided that EBikes are the solution.

There are a few EBike shops around here, and a Decathlon, but most of the bikes on offer seemed expensive or rather basic. She test rode one quite expensive bike from a local shop (2600 Euros) with a Bosch Active Line crank drive - and was very disappointed that on maximum assist she could not easily get up a moderately steep hill.

Anyway after doing a bit of research, on this site and elsewhere, I have ordered us a couple of hub drive Wisper Wayfarers from E-Bikes Direct in the UK. They should get to us in a couple of weeks and I think they will be exactly what we want. We are looking forward to getting them and if we have any queries we know where to come!

Thanks for the great forum, it has been very useful.

Reactions: flecc

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
I am just over 60, my wife just under, and we are retired and living in Portugal. We are both quite tall, I am 6' 2" and she is 5'10", and we are not lightweights. We both have hybrid bikes but have found ourselves a bit limited by the hills and headwinds that one encounters around here - also by our general unfitness of course. So my wife has decided that EBikes are the solution.

There are a few EBike shops around here, and a Decathlon, but most of the bikes on offer seemed expensive or rather basic. She test rode one quite expensive bike from a local shop (2600 Euros) with a Bosch Active Line crank drive - and was very disappointed that on maximum assist she could not easily get up a moderately steep hill.

Anyway after doing a bit of research, on this site and elsewhere, I have ordered us a couple of hub drive Wisper Wayfarers from E-Bikes Direct in the UK. They should get to us in a couple of weeks and I think they will be exactly what we want. We are looking forward to getting them and if we have any queries we know where to come!

Thanks for the great forum, it has been very useful.
Absolutely no doubt you will enjoy your Wayfarers. Happy ebiking!