Woosh Big Bear Ls quick review

Ray Breen

Pedelecer
May 23, 2016
North West
Hi All,

I applied for a ebike through my works cycle scheme and have been eagerly researching what would be most appropriate for my daily commute, and finally decided on the Woosh Big Bear LS.

The reason i went for the LS version is so that my other half can also use the bike.

The bike arrived this afternoon, and after spending a good bit of time unpacking it(never seen something packaged so well). The battery came fully charged which was a surprise as I was expecting to charge it overnight.

I had the original twist throttle replaced with a thumb one(based on general feedback about twist and go throttles on here) and also had marathon plus tyres installed.

I have just been out for my first ride, and rode from home to work and back. Cant believe how much of a difference the electric assist makes. The ride was the most comfortable i have had, even though part of the route is down a disused / private road which appears as if its been aerial bombed.

Its going to take me a few more rides and hours to get used to the assist as it can be a bit disconcerting at the highest level as it feels like the bike is going to run away from you,and then when it hits the legal limit and cuts out.

I cant fault woosh (thank you Hatti and Andy) through the whole selection and order process. If my other half gets the ebike bug, my first port of call will be back to woosh again.

Cheers

cyberdyne_systems

Pedelecer
May 8, 2016
Surrey
That's great! It does take some time to get used to the assist, you'll find the higher assist modes will quickly get you up to speed, if you lower the assist level a bit it won't be so quick to shoot you up.

Just a case of getting used to it and enjoying the ride :)

Ray Breen

Pedelecer
May 23, 2016
North West
That's great! It does take some time to get used to the assist, you'll find the higher assist modes will quickly get you up to speed, if you lower the assist level a bit it won't be so quick to shoot you up.

Just a case of getting used to it and enjoying the ride :)
Yes, my ideal aim is to get to work without working up a sweat(difficult in the uk weather atm due to it being so humid).

I did notice towards the end of the ride that my hands were a bit numb, no doubt due to be me holding the handlebars too tightly. Hopefully it will improve :D

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
I find on my Eagle that the middle power up to 12 mph suits me for most purposes.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
on flat roads, I find that assist level 2 or 3 is enough.It takes a bit longer to hit 15mph but it's gentler doing so. Use the throttle to go up steep bits.

• Informative
Reactions: IR772

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
Hi All,

I applied for a ebike through my works cycle scheme and have been eagerly researching what would be most appropriate for my daily commute, and finally decided on the Woosh Big Bear LS.

The reason i went for the LS version is so that my other half can also use the bike.

The bike arrived this afternoon, and after spending a good bit of time unpacking it(never seen something packaged so well). The battery came fully charged which was a surprise as I was expecting to charge it overnight.

I had the original twist throttle replaced with a thumb one(based on general feedback about twist and go throttles on here) and also had marathon plus tyres installed.

I have just been out for my first ride, and rode from home to work and back. Cant believe how much of a difference the electric assist makes. The ride was the most comfortable i have had, even though part of the route is down a disused / private road which appears as if its been aerial bombed.

Its going to take me a few more rides and hours to get used to the assist as it can be a bit disconcerting at the highest level as it feels like the bike is going to run away from you,and then when it hits the legal limit and cuts out.

I cant fault woosh (thank you Hatti and Andy) through the whole selection and order process. If my other half gets the ebike bug, my first port of call will be back to woosh again.

Cheers
Hi just bought the very same Big Bear LS this morning and I should have read your thoughts on the bike first lol as the pace that the bike took off was breath-taking and left me a little shaken if not well pleased

I bought the Big Bear LS because I have one of the kiddies trailers to pull along with my two very brave cats as passengers so I bought the Burley Dilite which being a America Trailer is on the huge side compared to what I am used to in the uk so that should be interesting tomorrow when I hitch it all up and tempt my two little fury friends to join me ,best wishes Brian

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Hi just bought the very same Big Bear LS this morning and I should have read your thoughts on the bike first lol as the pace that the bike took off was breath-taking and left me a little shaken if not well pleased

I bought the Big Bear LS because I have one of the kiddies trailers to pull along with my two very brave cats as passengers so I bought the Burley Dilite which being a America Trailer is on the huge side compared to what I am used to in the uk so that should be interesting tomorrow when I hitch it all up and tempt my two little fury friends to join me ,best wishes Brian
Good luck with that! I can’t imagine our two cats in a trailer, however big.

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
Good luck with that! I can’t imagine our two cats in a trailer, however big.
Hi Jonah,
when they were younger I had a very small trailer the kiddy type and they were ok but the electric bike was not like they are today so I had to give up ,but it was made easier because I had trained them to walk on a lead so there was more control over them but I am not sure what will happen now but I wont force them and they have taken to the trailer again because they take turns in sleeping in it in my Livingroom ,so we will see,best wishes Brian