Woosh Mono

holliday86

Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2013
Hi all,
The mono is out of stock at present (until 2014 which Ties in nicely with my student loan) but I was wondering if anybody here had any experience with the mono?

Either good or bad, as it's a great price for a bike that will easily help me to uni and back.

Thanks in advance

Rosie

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello Holliday86
I'm afraid we have decided to discontinue the Mono, so it will not be available next year.
I recommend perhaps the Zephyr as an alternative - light, hidden battery that can't be nicked, good for shortish trips and with a larger frame than the Mono so suits a wider variety of rider heights.

Hatti, Woosh Bikes

LEBC Tom

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2013
Hampton Wick, KT1 4DA
The Kudos Versatile is still a good contender at £495.00,the 3-speed Nexus hub is a good gearchange for city riding and the battery instalation is better than the pod style.
At the end of the day it is important you try a few bikes to see what suits you.
Tom
London Electric Bike Company

holliday86

Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2013
What a shame about the mono. I'll have to have a think then. Thanks for your alternative suggestions, do any of these have throttle as well as pedal assist, other than the zephyr of course?

holliday86

Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2013
After having a long think and lots of test rides I've started the process of getting an ebike through the cycle to work scheme. I eventually settled on the juicy classic with a throttle added on :)

I'm so excited for the whole thing to start moving now :)

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Yay!
We've already received notice from Cycle Scheme that your order is being processed by them.
Your new bike should be with you quite soon - just have to wait for them to finalise their paperwork...

Really pleased you chose our Juicy Classic Rosie!

holliday86

Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2013
Eeeh I'm an excited bunny now. I just had to try on a lot of helmets when out shopping so "Santa" knows which one yo get me ;)

D

Deleted member 4366

Those Aldi helmets keep your head better protected and they're warmer in the winter, plus, they don't let the wasps in in the summer. You'd look nice in a white one.
https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-5th-december/product-detail/ps/p/adults-skisnowboard-helmet/

When I crashed wearing a normal cycle helmet (the daft ones that stick out at the front and back), I landed on my forehead, and got knocked senseless. The bit that sticks out the front gets knocked back leaving your head exposed. I only wear the ski/snowboarding type now.

Before anybody else says it. I did make a slight recovery, and yes it did improve my looks.

Last edited by a moderator:

holliday86

Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2013
The one I decided on was one of the £20 snowboarding helmets from aldi :) I had been trying on the skateboardy style ones and just happened upon them. They're great because they're super comfy as well as being safe.

Bob, I am somewhat curious about the process from here... I got the quote from you guys, requested the certificate but when I get it do I get in touch with you to iron out the particulars and actually place the order?

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Helmet peaks are there to stop your face damaging the tarmac and are a decent idea...

Rosie, when you receive your voucher just let us know.
If you have a particular choice of colour let us know and I can reserve one for you.

D

Deleted member 4366

My face wasn't a pretty sight after my crash, The cycle helmet offered very little protection in that respect, if any. My crash was a straight over the handlebars face plant after high-siding.

I still think that the design is just daft. I've had a wasp through the slots in the top at least three times. Luckily there was no traffic about on each occasion, but I can tell you that controlling the bike is almost impossible as you fight to get the helmet off.

Last edited by a moderator:

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Sorry to hear about your accident Dave. I always recommend a peaked helmet, but never thought about wasps. It's sometimes an onerous position to be in when customers ask about safety advice. I'll have a rethink about which helmets we stock. I do like the look of those ski helmets...

Who was it that said the road to hell is paved with good intentions?

Was your face that pretty before the crash?

holliday86

Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2013
Thanks for your reply Bob. I guess I'll wait until everything is approved before looking at colours. I honestly don't think I mind what the color is :)

I personally just think that the snowboard style helmets are fashionably more acceptable.

holliday86

Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2013
Bob, do you have any pics of the different colours that are available? I can't get a clear pic of the different ones on the website :)

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Our new website is almost free of glitches and contains better pictures. For the time being is only visible at this link: New Juicy Bike Electric Bikes until the remaining glitches are solved.

Hope this helps Rosie.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
French Blue has been described as "duck egg blue" and is lighter than the dark blueberry.
Thanks for showing me that the new website doesn't spell out the colours as the old site did.

holliday86

Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2013
It's the dark blueberry that I want. Suppose I'll just have to wait for this certificate to be sorted now :)