Woosh Rambletta cut out

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
Just a quick one as we are back in the car heading home. Just been out and with my wife on the Rambletta. We had to push the bike back miles as it just cut out.

We had to send it back before and it was diagnosed as having a dry solder joint. This is different all was well and then nothing. Any simple checks I can do ? The battery is fully charged.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The only simple check you can do is that the motor connector under the right hand chainstay is all the way in to the marked line, not just in tight.

Did the LCD go off or stay on when it cut out?

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
The only simple check you can do is that the motor connector under the right hand chainstay is all the way in to the marked line, not just in tight.

Did the LCD go off or stay on when it cut out?
The lcd went off immediately.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That's a problem between the battery and the controller then. There's not much you can do without a meter. Do the battery lights show fully charged?

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
That's a problem between the battery and the controller then. There's not much you can do without a meter. Do the battery lights show fully charged?
The battery has never ever shown the blue colour but always shown green when fully charged. But the bike still had full bars on the screen when it cut out. I have a multi metre I can check a few things.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
hello overlander,

vfr is probably right - it's probably the connection between the battery terminal to the controller. The extension cable between the two goes through the mid fold.
If you want to check with your meter, fold the bike, then undo the two screws that hold the cover of the controller box, you can access the battery's cable there.
Otherwise, please email support@wooshbikes.co.uk, we'll get it sorted for you after the long weekend.

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
Hi Woosh,

Yes will have a look tomorrow, battery is on charge.

Thanks

hello overlander,

vfr is probably right - it's probably the connection between the battery terminal to the controller. The extension cable between the two goes through the mid fold.
If you want to check with your meter, fold the bike, then undo the two screws that hold the cover of the controller box, you can access the battery's cable there.
Otherwise, please email support@wooshbikes.co.uk, we'll get it sorted for you after the long weekend.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi overlander,

I didn't see any email to support. Did you find something on your Rambletta that may have caused the cutout?

Tony

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
Hi Guys,

Just a quick update as I hate leaving these threads open ended with no ending. Great service from woosh(Andy), component was sent out and replaced. Was out with the wife today and the rambletta performed perfectly, and there were some pretty mean hills where we live. 43013

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
Hi VFR,
You were correct it was the main cable from the battery terminal to controller that needed replaced. Slightly tricky but not too difficult, hardest bit was routing it through the frame but all is well now.