Woosh Rio 17AH Battery ???

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Out of curiosity what`s the ball park figure on transporting an ebike out to Spain? Did the battery go in the package as well?
the whole bike got sent directly from Southend to Malaga in 3 business days, the customer paid £60 on top of the bike's price.
Malaga is a good drop off point, if it were outside a large city, expect to pay a little more.

richardg6paj

Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Messingham
So, a few months on, did the power upgrade go ahead? Are there any upgrades for the RIO FB which apparently has the G06 motor, I am led to believe that this motor is a 750-watt motor, so in theory should only need controller, LCD and battery to upgrade, is this true?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
we are still waiting for the anti dumping duty to hit us in a week time.
The G06 can take more power but we have not tried to upgrade the current fat bikes.
We have ordered the 48V G06 motorwheels which should arrive in 6 weeks.

richardg6paj

Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Messingham
we are still waiting for the anti dumping duty to hit us in a week time.
The G06 can take more power but we have not tried to upgrade the current fat bikes.
We have ordered the 48V G06 motorwheels which should arrive in 6 weeks.
Would controller and LCD be available separately and after conversion would the system still work ok using the 36volt battery.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Thanks, but what I'm asking would an upgrade kit consisting of a controller, LCD and battery be available? Assuming other parts, brakes and thumb throttle are compatible. And will the conversion still be ok with the 36volt battery?
We will be selling the G06 48V fat kit after testing but I think it's very messy to use it to upgrade the Rio FB.

G06 48V fat kit: £599

G06 motor wheel for 4" tyre
48V 18A Lishui HL controller
48V 12AH HL battery
KM529 LCD, sensored brake levers, pedal sensor, thumb throttle
Julet waterproof cables

It is possible to do a kit to upgrade the Rio FB with just battery + controller + LCD but I don't know if it makes economic sense.
You may get a better bike buying a fat bike and convert it using the G06 48V kit above.

richardg6paj

Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Messingham
We will be selling the G06 48V fat kit after testing but I think it's very messy to use it to upgrade the Rio FB.

G06 48V fat kit: £599

G06 motor wheel for 4" tyre
48V 18A Lishui HL controller
48V 12AH HL battery
KM529 LCD, sensored brake levers, pedal sensor, thumb throttle
Julet waterproof cables

It is possible to do a kit to upgrade the Rio FB with just battery + controller + LCD but I don't know if it makes economic sense.
You may get a better bike buying a fat bike and convert it using the G06 48V kit above.
The above doesn't make sense at all, I have the bike, complete with all ancillaries. The motor a G06 will stand the extra voltage and you say by just getting a controller lcd and battery might not make economic sense and then you say I may get a better bike by buying a fat bike and converting it. I would then have two ebikes. How does that make economic sense?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
On the Rio FB, the G06 is laced to a narrow fat rim for 3" tyres, on the G06 48V kit, the G06 is laced to a larger rim for 4" tyres. They can't be swapped.
If you buy a new fat bike with 4" tyres, then fitting the kit is an economical solution, you would then sell the Rio FB to recoup the outlay on the new bike.
If you want to convert the Rio FB to 48V, you would spend £345 on the battery, £30 on the new 48V charger, £60 on the LCD and £60 on the controller.

richardg6paj

Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Messingham
On the Rio FB, the G06 is laced to a narrow fat rim for 3" tyres, on the G06 48V kit, the G06 is laced to a larger rim for 4" tyres. They can't be swapped.
If you buy a new fat bike with 4" tyres, then fitting the kit is an economical solution, you would then sell the Rio FB to recoup the outlay on the new bike.
If you want to convert the Rio FB to 48V, you would spend £345 on the battery, £30 on the new 48V charger, £60 on the LCD and £60 on the controller.
Now that makes more sense Mr Woosh. I don't want 4" tyres, in fact, I don't really want 3" tyres that's why I've spent weeks looking for a narrower tyre. (if you remember). So now we've established that I can get a new controller, LCD, charger and battery for my Rio FB, one question remains which I've asked twice already. Can the 36volt battery be used ok with the new setup?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Now that makes more sense Mr Woosh. I don't want 4" tyres, in fact, I don't really want 3" tyres that's why I've spent weeks looking for a narrower tyre. (if you remember). So now we've established that I can get a new controller, LCD, charger and battery for my Rio FB, one question remains which I've asked twice already. Can the 36volt battery be used ok with the new setup?
no, the Lishui controller works only with single voltage.
KT controllers and LCDs will work with dual voltage setup. We don't have KT stuff at the moment, I am looking into stocking KT kits from January 2019.

You don't get extra oomph with 36V battery.

Related Articles

Advertisers