Review Woosh Rio MTB Review/Initial Impressions

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
180 total miles on the bike now.
Did my usual trip, power 2-3 there, power 4-5 and throttle on the way back, made it home again with 1-2 bars left. Full tyres certainly improve efficiency.
Unfortunately i've lost the rubber cover which goes over the rear axle nut, my Ulock rubs against it and I guess it popped it off

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I'll put of of them in the post for you tomorrow.

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
200 miles on the bike. Just used my chain cleaning machine for the first time, worked well. Kickstand bolts had come loose, so loctited them. Everything else is fine. Have noticed the front wheel is slightly out of true but none of the spokes feel loose, might take to a bike shop if it gets any worse.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
Don't really know what I'm doing so I think ill pay £10 for a local to do it. Is there any harm in riding it slightly out of true? Doesnt seem to affect ahything.
Just got your nut cover by the way, tiny dab of glue inside it should help, thanks

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Is there any harm in riding it slightly out of true?
not if it's the front wheel which is much less stressed.
It's quite easy to fix if it's only slightly out of true, it's really a one minute job.
Let's say you find the section where the rim is 1mm to the right of the middle line of the bike. One or two spokes on the left where it's off need to be tightened a litlle to bring the rim 1 mm to the left. Turn their nipple clockwise (assuming your eyes are looking at the spoke from the front of the bike, clockwise will tighten the nipple) half a turn with No 13 on the spoke key.
That's all you need to do.

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
So I fitted this today:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WIDE-BIG-BUM-BIKE-BICYCLE-GEL-CRUISER-EXTRA-COMFORT-SPORTY-SOFT-PAD-SADDLE-SEAT/281936749010?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Finally some relief. The built in suspension really takes the edge off those small bumps and potholes which used to shoot pain right into my ass.
I don't know why I was struggling with the stock saddle so much, even with a gel seat pad it got super uncomfortable. But this one solves that problem anyway for less than a tenner

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
I'm struggling a little bit to find the perfect fit. I feel like my wrists are taking a bit too much weight and feel a bit sore after a while. I've tried raising and lowering the bars, moving the seat forward/back up and down but still can't get it perfectly dialed in, and dont want to spend a fortune on a professional bike fit.

Anyway on about 290 total miles now, tyres losing pressure again. Rear was at 40 since last fill up, so back up to 57, front was at 52 so put that to 57 also. Wondering if I have a dodgy valve core, will order some spare as one of them takes a while to close.
Rear wheel still reasonably true, front wheel a little out of true, had a go myself but couldnt seem to improve it, but I feel like i may as well let it get worse before getting a bike shop to fix it. None of the spokes are loose.

Also. Just some advice Woosh. But I noticed all the screws in the battery holder on the bike itself were working loose. The heads on them are also made of cheese, lose their shape very easy. But i'd suggest you loctite them all pre-sale, since i noticed another member lost the screw on his bike as it had worked loose. All other fasteners seem well made, its just these that are really soft.
Since tightening them all up the battery clicks in and out much more securely.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
will do Volusia. Thank you for the feedback.
do you lose air from both innertubes?

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
will do Volusia. Thank you for the feedback.
do you lose air from both innertubes?
I do yes, despite them both being filled with slime. My rides aren't exactly smooth tarmac a lot of the time though. I'm not filling them every day, but about every 5 days or so back up to where they should be. I've noticed on one of the tyres, when I remove the pump nozzle, I hear air escape for a few seconds before it seals again which makes me think 1 or both valves might be leaking a bit.
Got any tips for a good bike fit? I feel like I prefer the sat upright position but bikes aren't really designed for that other than those Dutch ones

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
would you like me to send you a schwalbe innertube for the front wheel? It is known for good quality and you would help me to compare the performance of the schwalbe innertube against the Kenda's for the rate of air loss.

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
would you like me to send you a schwalbe innertube for the front wheel? It is known for good quality and you would help me to compare the performance of the schwalbe innertube against the Kenda's for the rate of air loss.
Well I wouldn't mind a spare, but likely won't fit it until I get a puncture too large for the slime to fix

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
I do yes, despite them both being filled with slime. My rides aren't exactly smooth tarmac a lot of the time though. I'm not filling them every day, but about every 5 days or so back up to where they should be. I've noticed on one of the tyres, when I remove the pump nozzle, I hear air escape for a few seconds before it seals again which makes me think 1 or both valves might be leaking a bit.
Got any tips for a good bike fit? I feel like I prefer the sat upright position but bikes aren't really designed for that other than those Dutch ones
I take it these are Schrader valves, easy to test for leakage just dab a little bit of spit on the end of the valve and it's clear if it is leaking. As you have filled the tubes with slime yourself and thus changed the original spec do you think it's really fair to be comenting on it in a review thread, I certainly don't.

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
I take it these are Schrader valves, easy to test for leakage just dab a little bit of spit on the end of the valve and it's clear if it is leaking. As you have filled the tubes with slime yourself and thus changed the original spec do you think it's really fair to be comenting on it in a review thread, I certainly don't.
Slime is designed to go in inner tubes, and I was unable to find a single case of it causing reduced pressure. Would kind of defeat the purpose of the well regarded product.

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
Still has nothing to do with the bike as supplied, you have modified it and are commenting on the components that you have modified in a review thread.
I'd be a lot more concerned about the parts that are coming loose, made of cheese and wheels that are out of true than anything else.

Related Articles

Advertisers