Review Woosh Rio MTB Review/Initial Impressions

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I take your point and will correct the web page later today when I get to work.
in the first year, the Rio MTB had the USB port connected.
Then we change the battery factory.
Since, none of the USB port got connected as all the lights are powered with AA and AAA batteries to avoid cabling.

Reactions: scotjimland

scotjimland

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 5, 2020
I take your point and will correct the web page later today when I get to work.
in the first year, the Rio MTB had the USB port connected.
Then we change the battery factory.
Since, none of the USB port got connected as all the lights are powered with AA and AAA batteries to avoid cabling.
ok thanks for taking the time to explain. I was going to use the USB to power my iphone when using it for navigating, but no big deal, I can use a power pack.. Otherwise the bike is great.. and enjoying it very much, hope to go touring later in the year with it.. cheers

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
not yet. I'll ask Andy on Monday.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the new Rio MTB's fork:
with straight steerer tube.

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
Hello Whoosh what gear hanger do need for my Whoosh Rio MTB ? i rang today and was told that the staff member who dealt with spares was off for at least a week but i need to get back on the road asap

bom

Apr 24, 2019
Evening all! I’ve been struggling to get in touch with anyone at Woosh that can help me with technical issues recently.

I’m trying to figure out the correct washer arrangement for the rear wheel, specifically the sort of locking nut. Should the “locking” part be going in to the socket first (as pictured) or should it be going last? Any help both on that and how I’m meant to get it to go in would be hugely appreciated. I’m assuming I shouldn’t turn the bike upside down due to the hydraulic brakes?

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You can turn the bike upside down. If there's any air in the reservoir, it might go into the hose and make the lever soft, but the brake lever is self-bleeding, so a few pumps on the lever will pump the air back into the reservoir and restore the brake to how it should be.

You have your axle upside down in the photo. The cable should exit in the downward direction and the tab on the washer goes towards the ground too - or to the sky if your bike is upside down.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The lock washer as you call it is the anti rotation washer pretty much the same, one gets on a Shimano Nexus or Alfine hub. It can go either side of the drop out depending on the axle spacing needed.
One can up turn the bike, with hydraulic brakes simply squeeze the brake lever several times to allow air to travel back up. Holding the brake lever on for longer allows more time for any air to travel back to the reservoir, one can also elastic band the lever on over night also to allow air to travel back up.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I’m trying to figure out the correct washer arrangement for the rear wheel, specifically the sort of locking nut. Should the “locking” part be going in to the socket first (as pictured) or should it be going last?
you need to turn the wheel 180 degrees so that the fat lip of the anti rotation washer goes LAST and is located in the opening of the jaws.

I’m assuming I shouldn’t turn the bike upside down due to the hydraulic brakes?
as vfr said, when you put the bike upright, the brakes will sort themselves out.

bom

Apr 24, 2019
Thanks for all the feedback everyone - the new tyres have officially been fitted!

Just a quick one on the hydraulic disk brakes. I fitted new pads a week ago and they are very, very tight (so close to touching and very, very small movement in the brake lever). Is there a way of making them a little looser?

Thanks again!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
give the brakes a dozen sharp squeezes when going downhill.
the brakes will self adjust.
In the workshop, I use a large flat screwdriver blade between the pads and slowly push them open.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If you ever topped up the brake fluid, you'd need to let it back out again by opening the filler screw.

bom

Apr 24, 2019
Hey everyone! Hope you're all well. Quick question - I've managed to lose the rear nut on the non gear side of my rear wheel. Is anyone able to confirm the nut and washer size needed? Thanks in advance!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Tyron Barrett

Just Joined
Aug 6, 2018
Hello Whoosh what gear hanger do need for my Whoosh Rio MTB ? i rang today and was told that the staff member who dealt with spares was off for at least a week but i need to get back on the road asap
Apologies for the reply a year later, but I've just gone through this process of replacing the gear hanger on my Rio, found your post on Google and wanted to update the topic to share with others.

The hanger is a Marwi Union GH-078. If you Google/eBay "GH-078" you'll find plenty of suppliers.

There's a nice CNC version available too - the Pilo D413.

Related Articles

Advertisers