Your ideal electric garage ?

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
If you had the money to own a selection of electric vehicles, what would you have, this would be my list:

A Cytronex SuperSix for road fun and pretending to be a lycra and converting to a 'normal' bike when the rare need arises.
A Cytronex Synapse for fast commuting, road only.
A Wisper 906xc tourer for road/trail touring, camping expeditions and commuting.
An Optibike for fast off-road fun.
A converted Mares Trail attack to say I can do it and to tinker with.
A fast leaning road trike and a fast leaning off-road trike.
A Zero electric motorbike for faster on/off road fun.
A couple of Almax chains to keep all this safe.

So 2 down, 5 to go!

How about you?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You've made me feel guilty. :)

I can afford most of the e-vehicles that attract me but I'm perfectly happy with my one current e-bike, plus a couple of i.c. cars, so I wouldn't fill that hypothetical garage.

If I did though:

Mitsubishi i-car electric version for town use.

Chevrolet Volt e-car for open road use.

Biketec Flyer S series "Street".

Biketech Flyer 300 watt "rough stuff" model.

Nano-Brompton for the Chevrolet's boot.

matt-derby

Pedelecer
May 7, 2009
Derby UK
If money was no object, or if I got banned!

Cytronex Synapse - top of the range version of my current system
Emotion Sport - just for a change from the Cytronex
Biketec FLYER X-Series - mountain bike days out
ElectricMountainbikes Paratrooper folder - could fit it in the boot for excursions.
Optibike - for some fun

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
If you had the money to own a selection of electric vehicles, what would you have, this would be my list:

A Cytronex SuperSix for road fun and pretending to be a lycra and converting to a 'normal' bike when the rare need arises.
A Wisper 906xc tourer for road/trail touring, camping expeditions and commuting.
Add a brompton like Daniels and that would be my choice too. Any more would be clutter.

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
You've made me feel guilty. :)
Go on Flecc, you know you want to, then you can give us mere mortals some feedback for when the prices come down.

barnowl said:
Add a brompton like Daniels and that would be my choice too. Any more would be clutter.
Of course a folder, forgot that one.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Go on Flecc, you know you want to, then you can give us mere mortals some feedback for when the prices come down.
No, that's the sort of madness I was inclined to indulge in when younger!

Having been through all the vehicle trades I've been lucky enough to experience all manner of past exotica, but it can get boring with time.

It's a bit like too much fine dining in the top gourmet restaurants, eventually you long for a simple meal like fish and chips or bangers and mash.

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
No, that's the sort of madness I was inclined to indulge in when younger!

Having been through all the vehicle trades I've been lucky enough to experience all manner of past exotica, but it can get boring with time.

It's a bit like too much fine dining in the top gourmet restaurants, eventually you long for a simple meal like fish and chips or bangers and mash.
I know what you mean, I'm like that with hotels, hate them now and try and avoid them when I can.

So many toys, so little time...

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I know what you mean, I'm like that with hotels, hate them now and try and avoid them when I can.
Hotels yes, don't start me on that subject, how I detest them after so much exposure to their "charms".

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Hotels yes, don't start me on that subject, how I detest them after so much exposure to their "charms".
No big fan myself. Here's some "charming" hotel notices from around the world::D

Hotel room notice, Chiang-Mai, Thailand: PLEASE DO NOT BRING SOLICITORS INTO YOUR ROOM.
Hotel brochure, Italy: THIS HOTEL IS RENOWNED FOR ITS PEACE AND SOLITUDE. IN FACT, CROWDS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD FLOCK HERE TO ENJOY ITS SOLITUDE.
Hotel lobby, Bucharest: THE LIFT IS BEING FIXED FOR THE NEXT DAY. DURING THAT TIME WE REGRET THAT YOU WILL BE UNBEARABLE.
Hotel elevator, Paris: PLEASE LEAVE YOUR VALUES AT THE FRONT DESK.
Hotel, Yugoslavia: THE FLATTENING OF UNDERWEAR WITH PLEASURE IS THE JOB OF THE CHAMBERMAID.
Hotel, Japan: YOU ARE INVITED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE CHAMBERMAID.
In the lobby of a Moscow hotel across from a Russian Orthodox monastery: YOU ARE WELCOME TO VISIT THE CEMETERY WHERE FAMOUS RUSSIAN AND SOVIET COMPOSERS, ARTISTS, AND WRITERS ARE BURIED DAILY EXCEPT THURSDAY.
Hotel catering to skiers, Austria: NOT TO PERAMBULATE THE CORRIDORS IN THE HOURS OF REPOSE IN THE BOOTS OF ASCENSION.
Hotel, Vienna: IN CASE OF FIRE, DO YOUR UTMOST TO ALARM THE HOTEL PORTER.
Hotel, Zurich: BECAUSE OF THE IMPROPRIETY OF ENTERTAINING GUESTS OF THE OPPOSITE SEX IN THE BEDROOM, IT IS SUGGESTED THAT THE LOBBY BE USED FOR THIS PURPOSE.
On the door of a Moscow hotel room: IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST VISIT TO THE USSR, YOU ARE WELCOME TO IT

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007

An Optibike for fast off-road fun.
A converted Mares Trail attack to say I can do it and to tinker with.
A fast leaning road trike and a fast leaning off-road trike.
A Zero electric motorbike for faster on/off road fun.
A couple of Almax chains to keep all this safe.

So 2 down, 5 to go!

How about you?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
IF MONEY WAS NO OBJECT...
i would have an e-tandem and a buxom jeeves'ess on the front doing ALL of the pedelling while i just admired the scenery ;)

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
I'd just want a Wisper 905, 906, a Cytronex with flat bars (sorry but to me it just doesn't seem "right" having a drop handle bar e-bike!) and maybe one of the Panasonic based models but the one with has the cadence the "normal" way (so you get more assistance when you spin faster) - I'm sure a model was mentioned on here a while back.

the rest of the garage I'd fit up with a workshop, and a "eco-friendly" UPS with solar/wind power to charge my ebikes and keep my telecoms and computer kit running even if the leccy drops out, and feed back what I don't use back to EDF..

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'd just want a Wisper 905, 906, a Cytronex with flat bars (sorry but to me it just doesn't seem "right" having a drop handle bar e-bike!)
That'd be the Cannondale Synapse model then. :)

maybe one of the Panasonic based models but the one with has the cadence the "normal" way (so you get more assistance when you spin faster) - I'm sure a model was mentioned on here a while back.
Unhappily none of the Panasonic units works that way, nor does the Yamaha copy of it. Every model works the same way, in accordance with the strict Japanese e-bike laws which require an exact pattern of phase down of power with speed. This webpage on my website explains the details of that law and it's implementation by Panasonic:

Panasonic Unit Power Delivery

Advertisers