Most Trusted Suppliers - BBS02

vandalbulldog

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2017
Bingley
Hi all.

Can anyone recommend the most up-to-date and trusted suppliers of the 8-fun BBS02 kit?
Is it best to buy from UK or can overseas suppliers be trusted and a saving made after import duty?

D

Deleted member 4366

Em3ev.com would me my most trusted supplier. they helped Bafang with some of the development. UK suppliers are catching up now, so there's a few to choose from.

One kit worth considering is the 25 amp 36v 250w kit. it's basically a 500w BBS02 stamped 250w. You can get it from Em3ev.com, and I think maybe one or two of the UK suppliers might have them. That particular motor is legal as it's stamped 250w. 25 amps is 20% more than the best OEM Bosch bike, so should be plenty of power for ant circumstances.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
www.eclipsebikes.com

Have bought a BBS02 and battery from them, plus another battery on a separate occasion. Both purchases were quickly delivered and reasonably priced.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
EM3EV very well regarded located in HK andrun by an expat.
UK try Woosh, Eclipse and Darren @ Brighton ebikes. Darren has the 36v BBS02B.

vandalbulldog

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2017
Bingley
Em3ev.com would me my most trusted supplier. they helped Bafang with some of the development. UK suppliers are catching up now, so there's a few to choose from.

One kit worth considering is the 25 amp 36v 250w kit. it's basically a 500w BBS02 stamped 250w. You can get it from Em3ev.com, and I think maybe one or two of the UK suppliers might have them. That particular motor is legal as it's stamped 250w. 25 amps is 20% more than the best OEM Bosch bike, so should be plenty of power for ant circumstances.
Very helpful, thank you. My daily commute is 12 miles each way with 7 hrs charging time in the middle. I have a steep incline stretching about a mile at the end of each journey. Would the Em3ev.com 25 amp kit be up to it would you know?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Very helpful, thank you. My daily commute is 12 miles each way with 7 hrs charging time in the middle. I have a steep incline stretching about a mile at the end of each journey. Would the Em3ev.com 25 amp kit be up to it would you know?

I can get around 15 miles with a 48v 12Ah battery. Mine is programmed for more performance, so with factory standard settings, 12 miles will be easily achievable.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Wherever you buy your kit from, aim to buy a battery pack containing decent cells. The BBS02 is power hungry and can shorten the life of cells not up to the job.

I swapped an 11.6Ah battery pack containing Samsung 29E cells, to a 12Ah pack containing Samsung 30Q cells. I've found the 30Q pack to be vastly superior to the 29E pack.

On Eclipse Bikes anyway, the 30Q pack is only 50 quid more than the 29E pack. At the time of buying my 29E pack, the 30Q's weren't available.

vandalbulldog

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2017
Bingley
Wherever you buy your kit from, aim to buy a battery pack containing decent cells. The BBS02 is power hungry and can shorten the life of cells not up to the job.

I swapped an 11.6Ah battery pack containing Samsung 29E cells, to a 12Ah pack containing Samsung 30Q cells. I've found the 30Q pack to be vastly superior to the 29E pack.

On Eclipse Bikes anyway, the 30Q pack is only 50 quid more than the 29E pack. At the time of buying my 29E pack, the 30Q's weren't available.
Any idea what this would be?:
36V Frame Pack Options - 36V 15.5Ah High-Energy Pack (10S5P-33G)
From Em3ev.com

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Is it best to buy from UK or can overseas suppliers be trusted and a saving made after import duty?
I would recommend you buy from a UK suppliers, especially if this is your first conversion. If you have a problem with the kit, it's not easy to send it back to China.

• Agree
Reactions: D C and Fordulike

vandalbulldog

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2017
Bingley
I`ve dealt with Eunorau a couple of times for Bafang motor kits and wouldn`t hesitate to do so again https://eunorauebike-2.aliexpress.com/store/group/BBS02/705369_509341560.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.2995e5c07bRKu7

The price of that 36V 250W seems to be around £320 but i`d pay the extra for the 850C colour display.

Last one took 14 days and FedEx will bill you for approx £30 import duties.
Prices look very attractive on aliexpress, any risks apart from the returns issues?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Do you guys do the kit?

yes, I offer the BBS02B with either 15AH or 17AH HL downtube battery.

http;//wooshbikes.co.uk/?cdkit

They are marked as 500W though.

vandalbulldog

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2017
Bingley
yes, I offer the BBS02B with either 15AH or 17AH HL downtube battery.

http;//wooshbikes.co.uk/?cdkit

They are marked as 500W though.
Any rough idea of range on the 15ah battery at a steady pace with "yorkshire" hills?

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
All those mentioned above including my own would be virtually risk free, it`s the unknown ones with no feedback you need to be careful of.
As regards the battery, it`s the most important part of the kit, i`d purchase that here in the UK, and at Insat in particular. Having said that my first BBS kit from China came along with a quality Samsung celled battery.
However if anything goes wrong with the battery you`ll be entering a world of pain in getting it shipped back and replaced/repaired! Buy that in the UK.

• Offensive Language
Reactions: cycling weakly

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Any rough idea of range on the 15ah battery at a steady pace with "yorkshire" hills?

hills are not a problem for power consumption because you burn a bit more going up, then a bit less on the way down. The BBS02B is a high performance motor, it can burn twice as fast compared to a bike like the Woosh Rio MTB that would be equally at home in your neck of the wood.
What I am saying is you can get 60 miles out of a 17AH battery or 25 miles, depending on your speed and pedal input.

vandalbulldog

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2017
Bingley
hills are not a problem for power consumption because you burn a bit more going up, then a bit less on the way down. The BBS02B is a high performance motor, it can burn twice as fast compared to a bike like the Woosh Rio MTB that would be equally at home in your neck of the wood.
What I am saying is you can get 60 miles out of a 17AH battery or 25 miles, depending on your speed and pedal input.
Fair enough. I have a hybrid bike already so I chose the bbs02b as this seems to be the ideal solution to give me a commuter boost and still work for me when I go on the trails.

vandalbulldog

Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2017
Bingley
All those mentioned above including my own would be virtually risk free, it`s the unknown ones with no feedback you need to be careful of.
As regards the battery, it`s the most important part of the kit, i`d purchase that here in the UK, and at Insat in particular. Having said that my first BBS kit from China came along with a quality Samsung celled battery.
However if anything goes wrong with the battery you`ll be entering a world of pain in getting it shipped back and replaced/repaired! Buy that in the UK.
Do you have any links to UK batteries at 36V, bottle?