100 miles on my new electric pedaller...

Pedalpower65

Finding my (electric) wheels
Today, I watched the odo on my new Trek FX+ click past 100 miles. Result!

I'm having a whale of a time and both the bike and my legs are holding up very well. On Sunday, my son and I did a reasonably rapid circuit of Sheffield. 22 miles, lots of hills, but still half showing on the power meter.

Very impressed with that. Admittedly, I'm pedalling with little assistance on anything other than a steepish hill, but I am a big old lad and I'm very impressed how quickly I can get up steep inclines with the help turned up.

If you're currently in the process of deciding whether or not to buy an e-bike, DO IT!

It's a revelation. Just ensure that you pick a bike that suits you (loads of expertise/advice on this site) and get pedalling...

Attachments

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
I still get that "isn't this great" feeling even almost 12 months down the line.
At the risk of telling my grandmother how to suck eggs, I wouldn't use the gear combination shown in the photo or you'll be buying a lot of chains and sprockets, My apologies if you know this, I don't wish to sound like I'm preaching and maybe it's just how you parked the bike for the photo!:)

Cabo

Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2012
Belfast
:) Good on ya
I remember my first pedelic ton up - and it still brings a smile to my face.
Only regret i didn't do it 5 years earlier.