11ah or 15ah, what's the benefit

Gfoxsteve

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 29, 2015
hi, I'm inspain and looking at buying 2 ebici city 4000 bikes. They are made locally and seem to be good specs and local people are saying good things about them.

My question is how much difference will the additional capacity battery make in real life, will it be worth the extra £100??

Thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Really depends on the batteries inside ant their make, apart from the price the larger battery will be a bit heavier maybe a kilo on the plus side duration and range will be greater and your top speed will last longer. 15ah should last about 33% longer than the smaller one and ideal for longer rides. If you are only going on short rides say 10 -15 miles than the 11ah should be fine,

Tomtomato

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
I would say go for the 15 Ah one if it's only an extra £100.

11 Ah is quite small to start with, and battery capacity will progressively decrease. Once your battery is at 50% of its capacity or less, you will regret not to have purchased the 15 Ah one

C

Cyclezee

Hi Steve,

The bikes that you are considering are not really Spanish, they are of Chinese origin, not there is anything wrong with that.

Regarding the battery, I would go for the larger capacity, the reason being that people often tend to ride further than they thought they might.