14Ah eZee/Samsung Battery Packs

C

Cyclezee

I have read on www.ebikes.ca Homepage of the revolution that a new higher capacity 14Ah battery is available for mounting in the dual battery carrier on Ezee bikes.
No prices as yet and Onbike are not listing them so far. This will mean even greater range for the Ezee range with up to 28Ah in the dual setup.

There is also an updated version of Cycle Analyst, 2.23, but I don't know how it differs from the previous models.

J:) hn

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
No interest in twin batteries as range on a single 14 Ah more then enough for me. But for those after a powerful bike, that can be probably ridden on throttle only most of the time? This Ezee set up could be the choice I guess......and for touring as well

C

Cyclezee

The new 14Ah Ezee rack batteries are Lithium Polymer and $750 from ebikes.ca, the same price as they charge for the frame fitting 14Ah. Therefore, if and when they are available from Onbike in the UK, I would expect them to cost £500.

The Cycle Analyst V2.23 is the large screen version "designed for use in larger electric vehicles such as scooters, motorcycles, and cars".

averhamdave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
Slightly OT, do you know if the 14a frame fitted battery uses the same case as the 10a? Thanks

MR E

Pedelecer
Dec 6, 2007
West Sussex PO21
Ezee 14ah battery

Does anyone know the approximate distance range of one of these higher capacity batteries if cycling on the flat and used in pedal assist mode as I have heard that this can give 50 + miles.

I currently have a 10ah battery that is two years old and am lucky if I get 17 miles out of it now-- and that is on the flat and only used in pedal assist mode.

Will be considering getting one of these new batteries and possibly before the dreaded VAT rise.:eek:

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
There are so many influencing factors it's really hard to predict, however, based on a 10~14Wh consumption your range will be in the region of 37 to 52 miles.

MR E

Pedelecer
Dec 6, 2007
West Sussex PO21
Many thanks NRG--I think I will have to seriously consider purchasing one of these 14ah batteries as my 10ah battery seems to become somewhat depleted.

C

Cyclezee

Many thanks NRG--I think I will have to seriously consider purchasing one of these 14ah batteries as my 10ah battery seems to become somewhat depleted.
Hi David,

If your 10Ah battery is coming to the end of it's life and will soon need replacement, the additional cost of a 14Ah over a 10Ah battery is definitely worth it in terms of increased range and an expected longer life span.

joab

Pedelecer
Does anyone know the approximate distance range of one of these higher capacity batteries if cycling on the flat and used in pedal assist mode as I have heard that this can give 50 + miles.

I currently have a 10ah battery that is two years old and am lucky if I get 17 miles out of it now-- and that is on the flat and only used in pedal assist mode.

Will be considering getting one of these new batteries and possibly before the dreaded VAT rise.:eek:
The first two rides I had to run it empty and 2 times I got around 55km, but that was with minimum pedal assist. If I run it at 25km/u max I'll get around 70km out of it.

Regards,
Jo

MR E

Pedelecer
Dec 6, 2007
West Sussex PO21
I did consider the outlay of a new battery against the cost of purchasing a new bike, but as my Torq2 is still in really good condition and I still love it after 3 years, a new battery it will be.

Anyway- it is the cheaper option!