15% Sports HQ discount

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Before we get the naysayers complaining, i do not work for Sports HQ.
I am only passing on the opportunity to snap up the Cyclamatic bikes at a bargain price.
If you don't know, these are excellent low priced entry bikes into the world of electric bikes ;)

Here goes: Sports HQ 15% discount valid till Thursday 28th 2pm.
Enter HQ15 on checkout page to qualify.
This makes the Power Plus and Foldaway only £340 :)

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Not endorsing, more like pointing out when you can pick up a Cyclamatic for a damn good price.
It's far from cheap and tatty, and if the purchase of one introduces more members to this site, well hey, why not ;)
I do agree that their tactics are a little Del Boy'ish.
I posted here to get the most reads, but i'll post in the discounts section next time. Sorry Mussels :(

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I think you are missing the point.......That is the real price:eek:

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Sports HQ is a fine example of this:
The question: When is a sale not a sale? | Money | The Guardian

Please stop endorsing them on here.
A bike for the price of most batteries,i think it deserves a mention on here at least if you try one and do not like it, you are not going to lose loads of money,there seem to be some reasonable reviews on here,they might not be the best bikes available, but at least you can guarantee you are not paying way over the real value of the bikes.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
A bike for the price of most batteries,i think it deserves a mention on here at least if you try one and do not like it, you are not going to lose loads of money,there seem to be some reasonable reviews on here,they might not be the best bikes available, but at least you can guarantee you are not paying way over the real value of the bikes.
A mention yes, or even two if it's good. What it doesn't warrant is lots of repeated adverts from a retailer that has a fake sale on every month. The traders on here are careful not to overload the site with adverts just as the owners of many bikes don't keep banging the same drum about how wonderful their brand is. If it's relevant then tell someone you are pleased, but please don't spam the forum with cheap marketing shots from a discount retailer.
I'll just dig up the posts from a very unsatisfied customer every time.

D

Deleted member 4366

Fordulike, In these times of austerity, I think you did the right thing in pointing out an opportunity for cash-strapped people to get started on electric bikes. I know several people that want one, but can't afford it. You made it clear that you were not endorsing or recommending the product, and, anyway, to me also this product appears good value regardless of what the normal or previous price is/was, and had I seen it, I also would have pointed it out. I accept that we wouldn't want this forum bombarded with retailers advertising their products, but there should be the opportunity for fair-minded members to point out exceptional opportunities.

CeeGee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Weybridge, UK
Sports HQ is a fine example of this:
The question: When is a sale not a sale? | Money | The Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guardian
Shops tend to comply with the letter, rather than the spirit, of the 1987 Consumer Protection Act. This says a "sale" item need only have been offered at the older, higher price for 28 consecutive days in the previous six months.

Please stop endorsing them on here.
I haven't visited the site but it would appear that Sports HQ sell at a higher price for 28 days each month and then discount for 2 or 3 days each month. Completely different to some sofa selling companies, in that Sports HQ discounts are only available for approximately 28 days per annum: a similar length of time to a Winter and Summer sale used by other retailers.

Colin

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I haven't visited the site but it would appear that Sports HQ sell at a higher price for 28 days each month and then discount for 2 or 3 days each month. Completely different to some sofa selling companies, in that Sports HQ discounts are only available for approximately 28 days per annum: a similar length of time to a Winter and Summer sale used by other retailers.

Colin
A shop that has a sale every month is pulling a fast one, they are not genuine sale prices even though they stick to the law.
It may be better to wait until someone asks where they can buy a cheap ebike and say "If you wait a few days Sports HQ will be having another sale". There are loads of discount ebikes available and if people started a new thread every time they saw one this place would be much worse for it, I'd rather it stops before other retailers see it as a form of cheap and easy advertising and do it themselves.
Sports HQ does golf sale type marketing because it is a golf shop operating under many different names.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I agree the simple answer is to use either Classifieds or perhaps more appropriately the Offers, Promotions & Discounts forum for these types of announcements :rolleyes:

PS Equally Sports HQ could post in the Dealer Directory forum and contribute to and sponsor the site :p

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
"exceptional importunity" Yeah right!:D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I've mixed feelings on this. Sure they are operating fake sales of sorts, but on the other hand it's in our interests to promote the widest use and largest growth of e-biking.

These are proving to be basically sound e-bikes at spectacularly low prices which have the potential to introduce hordes to our movement and reduce the number of cars in use.

As such they are unlikely to damage the market, more likely to grow it overall with benefits for all e-bike purveyors, and I don't see any of those selling at the high end of the market protesting. My guess is that they see it as I do, ultimately a benefit to all.

On balance therefore, I'm in favour of news of their availability reaching the maximum number, which means publication in this main forum.

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
SportsHQ Discount Promotions

I don't see any problem with SportsHQ offering regular discounts and promoting their "sales" on the site, I don't know why people are knocking them. It's a common marketing practise used by a lot of big name retailers these days. Frequent sales inbetween seasons are now commonplace.

Besides we have just come out of our recession and retailers are struggling especially with high ticket price items like e-bikes, regular promotions and discounts helps support sales and is good for the economy.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I don't see any problem with SportsHQ offering regular discounts and promoting their "sales" on the site, I don't know why people are knocking them. It's a common marketing practise used by a lot of big name retailers these days. Frequent sales inbetween seasons are now commonplace.

Besides we have just come out of our recession and retailers are struggling especially with high ticket price items like e-bikes, regular promotions and discounts helps support sales and is good for the economy.
Do you really not see the problem with companies pretending they are selling goods at less than 50% of the normal retail price when it's blatantly not true? Just because other companies do it does not make it OK.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
It's not just companies that exaggerate their prices.
We all use similar selling techniques in a way.
When someone sells their car, they advertise it at a slighty inflated price, knowing a potential buyer will haggle them down.
The seller knows that he isn't going to get asking price for it.
The buyer thinks he's got a bargain when he gets 500 quid knocked off.
The seller is happy coz he gets what he expected to get for it in the first place.
Everyone's happy :)