18 St weakling! lost licence need transport!!

boilerman

Just Joined
Aug 15, 2012
Hi,
Im a new member - had e bikes before a friction drive kit about 12 years ago and a lead acid powabyke about 10 - both for my wife who was unwell at the time. Now its my turn!! I need to get out and about shopping etc for the next 6 monhts + Im heavy with relatively short legs but long body, can pedal a bit and would like decent speed and hill climbing and at least 10 mile fully powered ride performance would also want to tow small trailer for weekly shop. I can get cycle to work funding. although at 9 miles each way this is unlikely!! although a folder looks a possibility as I could use train and leave a couple of flat miles at the end and get a lift home in a van....
I was recently spoilt by a go on my brother in laws Boardman light with top grade brakes and gears. Do I really need the gadgets? what is achievabel on my budget that will support my massive weight plus shopping for up to 5 hilly miles each way and maybe get me to the pub at the weekend?.
also needs to be mail order as I can't get far to test ride/collect. could may be manage york or Leeds (less easily).

thanks for your help :)