1st Time E Bike Buyer

flatbat

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2012
Western part of West Yorkshire
I am in the market for an e bike for the 1st time having been a purely leisure cyclist but now wanting a slightly easier time of it on the hills. As I still want to pedal without power on the flat, light weight is uppermost in my thoughts. The Woosh Sirroco Sport is particularly light and also well priced. I have read a test of this bike on the forum but would like to hear from an actual owner if possible to get a completely unbiased opinion.
Anybody out there to help?
Thanks.

flatbat

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2012
I find myself in the position of being the only person replying to my earlier post! Come on you lot - there must be someone prepared to stick their head above the parapet. Judging by what I have read so far opinions are not in short supply!

flatbat

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2012
Hi shemozzle999!

Many thanks for taking an interest, it is much appreciated.

Sadly the Woosh Sirroco 2 is not on my list - the Sirocco Sport was the one although I see the Burisch GT250 appears to be of a similar light weight specification.
A personal test/review situation sounds great - in an ideal world!!
However, back in the real world I will do my (remote) research and make a decision in a week or three.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Not a problem flatbat but keep an eye out as this is the second time hatti has made the offer, perhaps the sport will be next:eek:

TCN

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 29, 2012
flatbeat, it would be great if you could review the Woosh Sirocco Sport as i'm also very interested in buying that as my first e-bike, i will be watching this thread very closely.

I've never heard of Burisch but thanks for mentioning it as i'm now aware that it exists, i'm not too informed on bike specs so not sure well how it stacks up against the Woosh Sport, do you think it's a good deal better specced?

Last edited:

flatbat

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2012
Hi TCN,

It seems to me that the Burisch is a good value machine but not as good value as the Woosh sirroco sport. Also I think the Burisch may not be as easy to control as what I have read indicates the power is all or nothing and simply races up the maximum speed whereas the sirroco sport has several power settings and is presumably more measured in its power delivery. The burisch might have the edge on looks but the gear range for unassisted pedalling up hill looks poor with only one gear wheel on the crank.

CycloTricity

Trade Member
Aug 8, 2012
www.cyclotricity.com
Hi Flatbat,

Welcome to the forum, it's great to hear that more and more people are taking on e-biking for the first time. Perhaps you could consider our Revolver model which is of a similar standard to the Sirocco sport (and a bit lighter too).

I found a review online of our more advanced Stealth, but much of this review applies to the Revolver as well as the components used are largely the same. Just something to think about: www.docklandsboy.co.uk » Cyclotricity Stealth – ebike review

Let me know if you have questions or you can reach me on the number on our website.

flatbat

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2012
Hi Rami,
Thanks for your input. I looked for the stealth model before as the e bay advert for the revolver referred to it but couldn't be found - recently added? It is a similar spec to the sirroco sport and burisch but £200 more than the sirroco. Other than a very marginal weight saving and the superior lcd display, I can't see any reason to spend a third more than the sirroco costs or £70 more than the burisch. Your revolver is £100 more and has no disc brakes.
Am I missing something here?