2015 Lapierre Overvolt eMTB's hit the UK shores..

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi Guys,

After the success of last years range (we sold out before they arrived!). We have gone a little bigger on the 2015 range with more stock coming in and expanded the range to 4 models in 3 sizes:
Lapierre Overvolt FS 900, FS 500, HT 900 & HT 500.

A brief overview as below.. All models designed and tested by Nico Vouilloz (10 times World MTB Champion)!
Have to say they looked good in the pre production pictures but they look even better in the flesh..

Within the 4 models are 2 hard tails and 2 full suss'ers. Both use the same chassis but the 900's feature the Bosch Performance drive, a higher XT spec, wheels & suspension.

All the bikes are the popular 27.5" wheel size (650B). The Hardtails are 120mm & the full suss'ers are 140mm travel.

I in particular like the rear swingarm design that means the chain can never rub. Also the chain stays completely straight even over the roughest of terrain. Also improves the geometry of the bikes as the rear end can be shorter for easy maneuvering through single track.

All bikes available in Small, Medium & Large.

A great all round range of trail eBikes, that tick the boxes for most riders. Full Article Here.

Regards
Martin

Reactions: TinKitten

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
All the bikes are the popular 27.5" wheel size (650B).
The 27.5" wheel size might be popular, but try getting tyres.

When it comes down to it, there isn't an awful lot of choice.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I know that some hate it, but I'm still loving the gull arm style swing arm on the Lapierre. :)

Rob, there are loads of 650b mtb tyre choices out there now, and the range is increasing all the time. :)

There also some real bargains to be had. This week alone I have bought some 2014 WTB Vigilante TCS tyres for the heady sum of £22.00. I was set on buying my favourite Panaracer Fire pro's but at well over half the cost, I couldn't resist a bargain. That'll be me sorted for the winter mud.

Last edited:

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Mate of mine is struggling to get 27.5" studded, although I don't know how hard he's tried.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Not very. :)

Schwalbe ice spiker pros are available in 650b. :)
You say that, but when it comes to it, I think Schwalbe struggle to supply them.

The supply position will improve, but I think there's no doubt the wheel size was introduced before tyres were widely available to the consumer.

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
The 27.5" wheel size might be popular, but try getting tyres.

When it comes down to it, there isn't an awful lot of choice.
Pretty much every 26" tyre that Schwalbe stock is now available in a 27.5" too.
Same can be said for most of the other manufacturers.

We have a pretty good relationship with Schwalbe across my shops so any tyre not in stock we can generally request from Germany including the Ice Spikers. The PRO's are almost £100 a pop.

We have moved most of our MTB range over to 27.5".

Martin