2015 rumours???? pre-Christmas fun!!!

Oxygen Bicycles

Trade Member
Feb 18, 2010
www.oxygenbicycles.com
UK Goverment will approve all bikes with 1000W motors running on 48V 30A controllers without need of having DVLA registaration, insurance and the MOT :rolleyes: These bikes will be fully legal and will comply to the new BS EN15194:2015 standard

D

Deleted member 4366

My serious guess is that the two speed hub motor will start to come to prominence.
If not this coming year, then the one after. It's so simple, efficient and cheap. Why would someone want anything else?

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My serious guess is that the two speed hub motor will start to come to prominence.
I hope so. I was pushing the idea of a two speed hub back in 2008 and well before the first two commercial ones were conceived. It's such an obvious solution and avoids all the disadvantages of crank drives.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Regarding the two speed hub motor, I think that for the ordinary cyclist it will be fine if coupled with 6 wide range pedalling gears. This is enough for the steepest of hills, and the least fit of cyclists.
Obviously, there will still be those fitness folks that only want to use no more electricity than a glow worm and will demand at least 27 pedalling gears.
Could be that in a few years, the present 'glut' of crank drivers will be seen as 'old hat'
The two speed hub has the huge advantage of driving through dedicated gears, not bike gears that are often not up to the job.

Reactions: flecc