2018 Bosch powertube, some more photos

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Here are some more photos of the the 2018 Bosch set up, that KTM and others will be using on their new bikes.
Fair play, that's a beautiful looking bike.
I really like the way the new enhancements mean you get a more aesthetically pleasing integration of the electrical components. Its getting closer and closer to looking like a 'normal' bike without all the nasty bolt on malarkey. If Bosch ave managed to significantly reduce that horrible whine of the motor as well (and I seem to recall less noise is one of the claims from the new motors), then its really looking good for next years bikes!

m u s t. r e s i s t .... m u s t . r e s i s t ....

basicasic

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2017
Amsterdam
That is absolutely stunning!

I had to look twice to check it was actually an ebike. I've only just bought my bike and I want that one already haha.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Fair play, that's a beautiful looking bike.
I really like the way the new enhancements mean you get a more aesthetically pleasing integration of the electrical components. Its getting closer and closer to looking like a 'normal' bike without all the nasty bolt on malarkey. If Bosch ave managed to significantly reduce that horrible whine of the motor as well (and I seem to recall less noise is one of the claims from the new motors), then its really looking good for next years bikes!

m u s t. r e s i s t .... m u s t . r e s i s t ....
May have to wait another year for new quieter CX replacement. New CX will most likely get 600-700wH battery and switch to normal size chainring. Hopefully new controls and display.

The inframe battery will allow for dual battery installations with current battery.
Much like Focus Jam.

Bigdaddyuk666

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2015
Leicestershire
Certainly looks good had to do a double take myself to see if it was ebike or not I like the idea of more battery too

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sherman

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
That downtube is huge, so unless you're totally unaware of (e)bikes you can easily tell it's an ebike. But good looking bike anyway.

I'd like to see geometry figures for that bike, it seems to have a long stem. Is KTM a step or two behind the current trend of long and slack mtbs?

Good speculation about next years CX motor! Maybe it's time to sell old bike now when it's still worth something..