2500 budget

dominic

Just Joined
Jun 25, 2017
newcastke
Hi guys

Stopped smoking and been saving. Did a bit of research and decided I want a mtb to use for trails and a 6 mile commute. Like the look of the bosh drive trains. Can anyone recommend a great bike

Rohloffboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2015
North West.
Have a look at the Bafang Max Drive, not to many around at the moment, although the Greenway model on eBay seems to be selling quite well at around £1000.

More oomph than the Bosch CD models, and no need for a dongle as assist cut off restriction can be removed with ease.

Rumour has it that Halfords are soon to release a CD ebike, my guess is that it will be using the Bafang Max Drive motor.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Cube are normal good value for money, £2500 should get you CX hardtail. Unfortunately £2500 won't get you full suspension eMTB will not one up to task that will last.

With eMTBs it is worth paying a bit more for higher spec bikes. Aim for something with 32mm Fox airshocks or Rockshock equivalent. Any bike with these forks will typically have good quality brakes and gears.

basicasic

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2017
Amsterdam
A had a similar budget and actually got a hardtail with a CX motor for a bit less albeit with a more basic Suntour front suspension. As suggested by the Kudoscycles guy above getting a last years model at a good discount can bag you a better bike than you otherwise could have got.

I actually watched a lot of reviews on electricbikereview.com. The guy there gives a decent overview on bikes and has tested a lot of Bosch powered ones. It's an American site but a lot of the bikes he reviews are sold in the UK and Europe. Might be worth checking out if you haven't already.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing