3 more on the roads today!

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
Saw another 3 e-bikes on the road today... well actually one was a trike. It had a sizeable wire basket affixed to it. You could easily get a weeks worth of groceries, or a fair bit of DIY stuff, or a couple of medium sized dogs into the basket.

There was a also a Giant and another generic Chinese e-bike..

Also a friend of mine has just got an Izip second hand (he is looking for new batteries for it..)

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
I don't think it was, it was one of the older ones, somewhat battle-scarred.

Another friend in the area who works in IT told me about and was asking me where to get "lead acid batteries like in a UPS" so I don't think its that one. (I suggested they tried that place up by PEterborough a few folks have mentioned on here).

Anyway my friend wanted it more to re-use the bits and swap the motor etc to a better push bike he already owns...

I'd be curious to know what the trike was as some other friends run a local food co-op and that would be perfect for transporting produce in! I've seen e-trikes before but not with that basket. Unfortunately the chap riding it was going in the opposite direction along a pathway and I was rushing to get to work or I would have asked him..

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
quite possibly, though the one I saw looked bigger with full size wheels although the distance between myself and the chap on the trike may have made this harder to judge...

however if its an Ezee another chap from the Transition group rides the 20" folder and is happy with it and there's someone else with a Torq...

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
quite possibly, though the one I saw looked bigger with full size wheels although the distance between myself and the chap on the trike may have made this harder to judge...

however if its an Ezee another chap from the Transition group rides the 20" folder and is happy with it and there's someone else with a Torq...
The eZee Carro is expensive but it is alloy framed, unlike many others such as the Powatrykes which are steel framed and quite heavy. The Powatrykes include a 24" wheel version suitable for a not too hilly area, but the standard basket isn't very big.

If it was a 26" wheel trike you saw it could be a kit motorised adaptation since there are bike-to-trike converter back-ends on the market like this Tribike converter, though the slanting bracing struts can partly get in the way of having a large basket. Scroll down on that page and you'll see a couple of electric conversions to trike.

Last edited: