36 V lighting circuit on Electric scooter.

xyzzy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 5, 2009
Does anyone have experience/ knowledge of a typical lighting circuit on an electric scooter?
While trying to connect up, to the switch side of the lighting circuit, a dc – dc converter to run extra lighting at 12V, I managed to short the supply, (ok I know I should have had the power off but I was measuring voltage to work out which wires were which). There was very little flash created, in fact I only knew I done it because the panel light went out. This leads me to believe that it was fuse protected. The main battery supply is still fine and the motor still drives. The thing is I have no idea where the source of the power to the light switch is connected into the battery supply and where this fuse is. I can account for all the connections into, and out of, the controller including the live red and black heavy duty wires, which still provide a supply.
I have stripped all the covers off the handle bars and the front and around the controller but without completely stripping the thing down to the frame and trace the wiring back from the connector to the switch cluster I’m at a loss.
Shouldn’t a fuse be in a place easily accessible?
Anyone any ideas?
Thanks.

aseb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2009
It's going to be hard for anyone to help without knowing what your bike is. Someone with experience of your bike may be able to help, or may have been covered before- have you tried a search?
Endless-Sphere have an electrics board on their forum, it may be worth checking there. Good Luck