48V TSDZ2 (250W) are now in stock

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Why do you recommend this bike for your kit.
I can't build a better bike for the £399 price tag.
Lightweight, 8-speed hubgear means quick gear change, good chainline and low maintenance.
Plus, you have a good choice of frame size.

Rupert1

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2017
north wales
I can't build a better bike for the £399 price tag.
Lightweight, 8-speed hubgear means quick gear change, good chainline and low maintenance.
Plus, you have a good choice of frame size.
OK many thanks for your answers. I had a job to find the weight of the bike but have come up with 11.4kg. Will contact you soon about kit.

Rupert1

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2017
north wales
it's just a cheap sub 10kg road bike, Giant Defy 3 2015, I think Tredz sold them for £299 a couple of years ago.
If you start afresh, I would recommend the Marin Fairfax SC2. It has 8-speed hub gear. Cycle Republic sell them for £399.

https://www.cyclerepublic.com/marin-fairfax-sc2-ig-men-s-hybrid-bike-2018.html
Just decided to go down your recommended route but when I tried to order the Marin they only have 15" frame size, even for me to small. I am 5' 8" 29" inside leg. Any other recommendations keeping as lightweight as possible, or is there any sign of your lightweight bike yet?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Is it not possible to swing the motor forward and up? It looks likely down there to collect mud and rocks if used off road.The Bafang was able to do this if the bike frame allowed it.
you can install the motor in the same way as you would with the Bafang but the installation is much more solid with the supplied anti-torque arm in comparison to the way the Bafang BBS is installed. You would also need a second M33 nut with ridges to keep the motor in that position. The centre of gravity on the Tongsheng is right in the middle of the motor casing.

Matmuze

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 19, 2019
Hi lads, I am very tempted by this motor but I have a couple of questions that @Woosh may be able to answer...

1: What is the difference between this motor and other tsdz2 motors with a higher power rating ? Is it only software limited or are the components actually different. In other words, would I get the exact same kit as a 350/500/750w by simply changing the controller settings?

2: According to @Woosh website the motor is conform with EN15194, is it engraved on the motor or written on a sticker somehow?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi lads, I am very tempted by this motor but I have a couple of questions that @Woosh may be able to answer...

1: What is the difference between this motor and other tsdz2 motors with a higher power rating ? Is it only software limited or are the components actually different. In other words, would I get the exact same kit as a 350/500/750w by simply changing the controller settings?

2: According to @Woosh website the motor is conform with EN15194, is it engraved on the motor or written on a sticker somehow?
1. 48V controller. Max Amp set in firmware
2. Tongsheng own label. OEM motor (configured by Tongsheng to my requirements).

Reactions: Matmuze

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
What is the torque for the 48v 250w TSDZ2 motor?
90NM.
Gospade are going to make me one for 100NM this summer.

Reactions: Eagle