50cycles After Sales Service

redalpha3

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2006
Hi All

I have just received a telephone from a nice 50cycles chap concerning my Ezee Sprint7. It seems that my bike is one of a batch of five with a known frame problem which might make it weaker. Accordingly, 50 cycles are going to replace it with a new one! As I've had a back problem recently, I haven't done many miles with it, though I have replaced the tyres with Marathon Plus jobs (as recommended on this forum). Not only are 50cycles willing to replace the bike but they will fit my new tyres to the replacement. Having spent my adult life battling with Car manufacturers/dealers over sundry un-serviceable items with varied success, I am seriously impressed with this degree of after sales service. I've had no qualms about recommending my bike to people who've approached me when I've been out and about. It seems I can add that the company are impressive too. :)

Still in shock!

Jeanette Morgan

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2006
CORNWALL
Hi, When did you purcharse your Ezee Sprint ? - we bought two last year,one in June and one in October.

I also agree that 50 cycles have a very good customer service, both before and after purchase.

regards
Jeanette

redalpha3

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2006
Hi Jeanette
I bought it in October last year too. I was advised that there were only five cycles with this frame problem and was contacted by 50 cycles staff as the owner of one of the cycles with an appropriate frame number. I would have thought you would have been contacted had there been a known problem with your bike but a swift phone call could well allay any concerns you may have.

Jeanette Morgan

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2006
CORNWALL
Dear Pete,

Good suggestion, as you say I'm sure I should have been contacted, however, perhaps 50 cycles will confirm on this site that they have in fact located the 5 clients, I am the type of person who usually has bad luck with my purchases, but I'll wait a while before I contact them.

The bike bought in October is riding very well, in fact it seems better than the one in June, the motor is definitely quieter and the chain has remained at the correct tension whereas the one from June (with a very similar mileage now) needs adjusting, it is slightly slack and I intend to get it sorted soon.

I guess like everything there will be variations noticed when you have two of the same bikes in the family !

Regards
Jeanette

redalpha3

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2006
Brand new sprint arrived by courier today. I'm not the most observant of people but I can't see any difference! Had a quick 5 mile whizz out and noticed that the sprung front forks worked much better than the previous bike. Just in time for Spring weather and lighter nights. A very happy chap.:D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's good news Pete, happy riding. I bet you've been missing it, but as you say, you've at least got the better weather now.

Jeanette Morgan

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2006
CORNWALL
Dear Pete

I too have just had the call from 50 Cycles. My two Sprint 7s are being changed out as being 2 of the 5 product recall Sprints. Fortunately, thanks to your post, I was not so shocked as you were ! - it is very good after sales service and they are in fact sending me down the two new bikes, I shall then swap over my accessories and use their packaging to send the bikes back on their Courier. They said I could take my time and to ring the Courier for return whenever I was ready. They offered to do all this for me but in the long run, as I have no large boxes, and because this way I am not without a bike, I am happy to swap over.

It is a shame as I spent a few hours last week, thanks to Flecc's guidances, tightening my chain, raising my handlebars, and generally servicing both bikes ! Still all this is good experience.

The hassle of the swap over will result in the benefit of a brand new bike, and no need for a service for a further while yet!

Pete did you find any difference in the replacement bike or is the spec the same as the one you received in October? Mine should be arriving on Friday.

Jeanette

redalpha3

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2006
Hi Jeanette
I'm pleased you have got this sorted out. A shame you spent so much time fine-tuning the original. I have been out on my new bike a couple of times since I got it back. I'm only a casual user now (persistent back trouble) but I still love cycling.! I've not really noticed any difference at all with the new bike. The front forks seem more responsive and the wheels are original, I think. Of course, battery and charger are original anyway. The recent cold snap has foiled all further jaunts but as the first day of Spring is soon upon us, I'll be looking forward to more warm weather trips soon.:)

Peter

Just Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Have bike can't travel

Hello all, I'm a newbie just joined today name is Peter live near Edinburgh
Seem to have made a boo boo with my first reply and it was rejected, anyway my Sprint recall was by e-mail on 6th Aug 07 and am waiting for further info some of you seem to have had your recalls earlier and your problem has been dealt with just have to be patient don't use the phone much as I have a hearing problem now waiting on a hearing aid, only five faulty bikes and I have one number EZS276 have some cardboard and labels maybe should parcel the bike up ready.
Peter:confused:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sorry to hear of your bad luck Peter.

I see on their site that they are waiting for fresh stock of Sprints which should be in soon, hopefully you won't have too long to wait before getting back in the saddle.

Peter

Just Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Further on

My bike was to be collected on Friday 24th Aug for a replacement frame but received a phone call saying it would now be Tuesday Monday being a holiday, anyway it was collected Tuesday 28th and I hope I get it back soon as I'm missing some good cycling weather, cross my fingers and hope for the best soon be a month since I was told to stop using it. Peter

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks for the update Peter. Hopefully 50cycles will have the rebuild on the new frame done quickly so you can get back in the saddle. After the rotten Summer we've had, there should be a chance of a fine Autumn with any luck. It could hardly be worse than the Summer!

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Nigel

Just to say thanks to james at 50 cycles within 2 days they had sent me a replacement cover to go over the throttle sleeve and a plastic bracket for battery meter on the handlebars and at no cost now that cant be bad many thanks boys:D PS now all we need is a everlasting battery:D