600£ range electric bike choice help

stella11

Just Joined
Apr 17, 2017
Norwich
Hi everyone,
I have recently found out about this site and I would like to ask for advice on 2 of the e-bike I'm interested in buying.
I mostly need an e-bike to help me cycle back from work after a long hours shift, my commute is not even that long, only 20min, but it is fairly hilly on the way back home.
I weigh 116 pounds and I'm quite short, only 5.2"
This would be my first e-bike, so I don't want to spend too much on it, but at the same time I don't want to spend a lot of money on a bad product. The best options I could find for my budget are the Btwin Elops 500 e-bike for 599£ and the Somerby Pendleton e-bike sold by Halford for 600£. At a first look, they only difference seems to be in weight and Volts as the Pendleton is a little lighter and stronger than the Btwin. Beside that, I don't understand much else about bikes, so any help, advice or recomendation on any other e-bike would be much appreciated.
Thank you!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
ask Halfords if they can get you the Somerby Pendleton with 16" frame size.
If they don't then go for the Somerby with 17" frame.
The Btwin is too big and heavy for you.

D

Deleted member 4366

Get the Pendleton. 36v is always better and Halfords will fix it if anything goes wrong. Be quick though. The price is only reduced for Easter.

Reactions: Danidl

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Kudos has a number of ex demo e-bikes that most have only covered a few miles,these are pretty much at cost price. Just give Kudos a ring and Scot or Andy will recommend the best bike for your job,your budget pretty much covers any of the bikes.
KudosDave