7.2V 6.5ah NIMH welded cell sticks EX Honda Hybrid Garage Clearout

retepsnikrep

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 27, 2012
I have a large quantity (100+) x 7.2V (6 x D Cell) sticks from ex Honda Hybrid cars in my garage.
These quality panasonic nimh sticks are designed for 50A charge and 100A discharge rates.

The sticks I have are no longer suitable for hybrid car use at those rates, but at more modest discharge upto 25A they are fine. Capacity is anything from 5.5-6.5ah at 20A discharge rate.

They have M6 bolt ends and are a doddle to connect together using bolts, or studs to screw sticks directly together end to end. Charging is easy using a simple led constant current 350ma power supply. The 48V led supplies on e-bay can charge anything from two to six sticks. The 90V ones can do up ten sticks. Five sticks is ideal and gives a simple 36V ~6ah pack that weighs 5kg.

Search for 300ma or 350ma led driver on ebay for a simple charger there are zillions.

Price is £10 a stick for a random stick from my stock. All my sticks are currently stored in my cool workshop.

Postage is extra or you can have as many as you want if you collect from my address in North Yorkshire.

I find the best way to use them is wake them up with a robotronic overloader type nimh charger/cycler then build them into a pack. I've used quite a few in my electric bike and other projects and they are great.

Here is a yt video of a random stick under torture/test on my electronic load.

6.5ah 7.2v Nimh Hybrid Battery Sticks 100A Load Testing. - YouTube

It shows what they look like and even these older sticks still perform so i'm being conservative with my ratings above.

Contact me at 150mpg(remove this)@gmail(remove this).com

Last edited: