700c Q100-CST rear conversion with Cycle Analyst and EM3EV controller (lipo battery pack also avail)

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
Rear Q100-CST motor built into a 36 hole Mavic A119 700c rim using Halo double butted black spokes.

EM3EV 6 fet IRFB4110 Infineon Controller with anderson battery connector, 4mm gold bullets for phase and bar mounted power switch with cruise button.

Cycle Analyst v2.3 display - direct connection to the above controller.

Programming cable included. Thumb throttle (will include twist grip as well but you'll have to put the connector on). Ebrake switch for mounting to your own brake lever (see this and this for how I did it on my bike) but kit can use any two wire brake switch levers such as these if you wanted to add them.

Controller is set up for a 15s (55.5v) lipo pack but can be programmed to use any battery from 36v to 72v. On 15s, I had it programmed for 15mph, 20mph and 25mph using the three speed switch. Max watts was 850w.

Only used for about 500 miles - makes a love lightweight stealth bike.

This kit is £350 in parts and shipping alone then you'd have to find someone to build you the wheel - prob another £50. I'm looking for £250 with pickup from the northwest (I'll meet and any north west motorway service station). Cash, bank transfer or PayPal gift only.

I also have the 15s lipo battery pack that I used with it. It uses six ZIPPY Compact 4000mAh 5S 25C lipo packs in 2p3s config using a proper hydraulically crimped harness using anderson connectors with precharge lead built by Icecube on the ES forums. This lead has the option of adding in another 3 packs to make a 3p3s config if you want to solder to the capped of tails on the lead. Balance leads also plugged into parallel balance boards to ensure packs remain in balance. Weighs 3kg - not bad for 444watt hours of power and the size is very compact - I used to carry it in a pannier bag. Only arounnd 25 charge cycles and never taken below 30% remain and normally charged up to 4.1v per cell to prolong battery life. Impedance on all cells are <3mohm and capacity still above 4000mah for every pack (Zippy compacts are typically under rated).

The lipo packs are £200 alone + £80 for the custom lead - I'm looking for £150. Same payment delivery terms as above.

I will do kit + battery for £375 - saving £25. That's a nearly new kit + cycle analyst + 444wh battery for £375!

I also have a Giant 700c canti steel fork with rack eyelets - ideal for anyone considering a front hub conversion Looking for £40 - will post at buyers cost. Same delivery terms as above. Fork as per this photo:-

Last edited:

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
I've put a BBS02 crank drive on it instead. I like changing things - I think the building is as fun as the riding. I think this is the 5th motor this bike has had on it now.

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
Prices updated:-

£230 for wheel/hub + controller + CA V2.3.
£130 for lipo pack.
£350 for kit + battery.

I don't want to go any lower - if they don't go for that then I'll just put it on another bike.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That's a pretty damn good bit of kit for £350 and a very good hill climber as 201rpm.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Nice kit for someone

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
Looks fab. Would you post?
I have posted a wheel before - it might take me some time to find some suitable packaging.

For the battery - I'm not aware of any courier that would take it. Perfectly happy if you want to arrange your own courier though - I can make myself available almost any day to hand the package over. I could split the battery up into 3 parcels of 2 lipo packs and send the harness with the wheel kit if that helps.

Last edited:

Cottonpickers

Pedelecer
Sep 12, 2013
I'm not in a rush if you would be prepared to post. (this would be a project and would need to look fro bike next) I'm afraid I don't know who would deliver the battery so would have to be without it unless anyone else knows any way to move it. I work in Stevenage in case that helped.

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
I've found a courier that will take the lipo pack if they are split into two sets of three. It will be £10 for each battery and £25 for the wheel + other bits - so £45 in total. Happy to meet half way on postage if that's acceptable.

D

Deleted member 4366

I've got one for sale if Amigafan's one has gone. PM me with how much you want to pay. Do you want the remote shunt one or the plug in one? I have both.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I've got one for sale if Amigafan's one has gone. PM me with how much you want to pay. Do you want the remote shunt one or the plug in one? I have both.
D8ve, as my bbs controller is duff? You said it uses a 5 lead one? Can I rig a replacement / external controller and would the CA be a nice complementary controller?

D

Deleted member 4366

If you take your controller off, you will see the 3 phaeton wires and the multi-pin hall connector. I can't remember whether the wires on it are standard colours - best to take it off and look.

To use an external controller, you need an external PAS sensor, which needs slight modification to fit. Also, you need a current control controller like a S06S, which needs a LCD to work. It doesn't make much sense to use a CA when you already have a LCD. If you need battery info, an Ebay watt meter would be a lot cheaper. The SO6S with LCD and PAS is about £70, so unless you have a special reason to use an external controller, I wouldn't recommend it.

You could work the motor with any cheap high speed controller for sensored motors as long as you can connect the halls in the right sequence, but it might not be as good as the original. Cheap ones rarely use current control. Speed control works, but is not as good.

• Informative
Reactions: D8ve

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-kit/695-s06sc-sine-wave-controller-for-central-motor-ebike-kit.html

If you have an LCD-3 or LCD-5 hanging around doing nothing at $24 + shipping it is a bargain (well if you need other stuff from bmsbattery otherwise shipping is more expensive than the controller!). You will need to do some soldering and/or crimping because the connectors are a mixed bag, I think they used what they had left in the parts bin...

This is the best controller I have used so far - you can't feel the transition from powered to un-powered riding it is so smooth in transition. Mine peaks at about 620 W.

• Informative
Reactions: D8ve