9 Pin Julet Waterproof Cable Male/Female Connector Pair for DC Brushless Motor

Andrew Wingrove

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2017
York
www.simplicityin.training
Hi, I spliced all 9 wires this afternoon, and managed to keep it all neat and tidy. I saw the cable you mention. But don’t have the patience to wait till January for a cable to arrive. Thanks for taking the time to look online.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
You already spliced it, but those three heavier phase wires always were a concern for me, given that the cable could flex, and solder is brittle.

I would try to butt the two phase wires with some finer wire wrapped around both. It's like tying flies if you're a fly fisherman. Can't do it w/o a jig fixture and I lost mine. I did one like this and it took me a long time. It hasn't broke yet.

I now use small 18G butt crimps. They're awfully thick with the plastic body, but I take that off. Then I stick a wire in each end and solder. Cover with heat sink. Add some pieces of nylon strap to stiffen it and cover with a final layer of heat shrink. It still fits thru a 12mm nut and is much sturdier than my proper attempts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I keep the motor extension cables in stock.
in both 9-pin and 3-pin formats.

• Useful
Reactions: Andrew Wingrove

Andrew Wingrove

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2017
York
You already spliced it, but those three heavier phase wires always were a concern for me, given that the cable could flex, and solder is brittle.

I would try to butt the two phase wires with some finer wire wrapped around both. It's like tying flies if you're a fly fisherman. Can't do it w/o a jig fixture and I lost mine. I did one like this and it took me a long time. It hasn't broke yet.

I now use small 18G butt crimps. They're awfully thick with the plastic body, but I take that off. Then I stick a wire in each end and solder. Cover with heat sink. Add some pieces of nylon strap to stiffen it and cover with a final layer of heat shrink. It still fits thru a 12mm nut and is much sturdier than my proper attempts.
Hi, Thanks for the tip. I managed to order a cable the correct length from a company in Sweden, so one the weekend mine will be taken off the bike, and the new one installed. When I joined the wires, I spread the wires apart so they looked like a upside down volcano, then when pushing the two wires together in the jig, the ends of the wires intermixed, then with a small twisting of the ends together I then soldered. With the solder mixing down through the wires it seems to be a firm connection. The connection was also 50% along the length of the cable, so there was no real chance of flexing at the part where the two are joined.

Andrew Wingrove

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2017
York
I keep the motor extension cables in stock.
in both 9-pin and 3-pin formats.
Hi, the one that I needed was one with one plug at the controller end, then LCD, Throttle, 2 x Brake and light at the other end. Mine had a fault on the throttle side and Joey from Yosepower in Germany is sending me replacements this week. It would be great if there was a place on this site that you could advertise all the small parts that make up a bike build. Often its a small component or cable that is needed. Good to know that you have them for the future.