905 se city about a 1k

winterdog

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2009
Hi think it about time i let every one know how much fun i have had this summer.

prolog
I bought the bike from e-bikes direct who have been very helpful.
the bike arrived in a box that was open and quite beaten up but all the bits seamed to be there there was a couple of plastic things broke (mudguards and front connection box) but i was sent new ones in no time flat, the front wheel was needing trued up so i took it to local Edinburgh Wisper dealer to get done again bikes direct said they would pick up the tab(oops i never did get round to sending the bill) i also go them to check the brakes and sevice things i may have missed in the build charge was not bad 25 quid for the wheel and 25 quid for the brakes and bits the guys in edinburgh were nice too. I have since decided to more looking repairs my self.

now i was up and running

for the first while i was taking the bike down to the train station and back only five miles a a day but i was getting there pretty quickly and if was late for the train i would use the twist a fair bit a very fun journey

their is a potion of this trip that is off road and quite bumpy the bike dose get bumped a bit here but feels solid i do wonder if i should have got the sport some times? I have changed the tires to marathon plus wide tires(to give some comfort)

for the last month i have been trying to avoid the train all together and ride the 20 miles in to and out of Edinburgh.
Although i probably could make it there and back in one charge i charge at work just so as not to upset the battery if it gets to low.
I am managing three days a week (at the moment in the good weather) I found my general fitness improved and feel it has helped me give up smoking too. using a hart monitor i can use the bike to provide a good hours workout twice a day trying to keep my hart between 130 and 150 (i try but it's hard to keep under 160 after i hit town).
In short the bike is making me feel better (and very hungry all the time)
I love being on the bike i look fwd to going to work and cant wait to leave there is a nice feeling in the traffic with this bike as i can get though junctions quickly and get away from lights really fast.

i have just tightened my spokes a couple of weeks ago a they were beginig to clunk but that i think is normal use.

Pros.

• Solid
    reliable
    Fast (becomes harder to pedal after 20mph)
    grate distance
    love my pannier rack (could not go back to ruck sack)
    David/Norman (support)

cons.

• brakes(need lots of adjustment to give less than average braking)
    seat i think it meant for a girl
    grips bit to plastic.
    BB has need some attention there is a bit play there (this has been fixed in the 2009 edition)
    Chain guard flaps about a bit
    Rear light look as bit week

In the cons list their mostly niggles.
The bottom line is im keeping my wisper and i love it

thanks for reading hope this was useful

davidk