Wisper A bit of advice please

chris301up

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Hi again fellow Pedelecers. Does anyone know if the battery lock, barrel and keys are replaceable on a Wisper Works 805fe bike?

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
They almost certainly are, if you ask Wisper. The question that needs to be asked is why do they need replacing? Is this another Facebook find of stolen goods?

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

chris301up

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
They almost certainly are, if you ask Wisper. The question that needs to be asked is why do they need replacing? Is this another Facebook find of stolen goods?
Hi. Thanks for reply. It is from Marketplace and the guy said he bought it from a car boot. It could be questionable? Or do I trust him? The battery is missing and so are the keys. Alarm bells ringing! However, I could still risk buying and rebuilding it.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi. Thanks for reply. It is from Marketplace and the guy said he bought it from a car boot. It could be questionable? Or do I trust him? The battery is missing and so are the keys. Alarm bells ringing! However, I could still risk buying and rebuilding it.
Be very careful Chris, the bike is very old. It’s origins are also very suspect.

PM me the image and I’ll advise.

All the best, David

chris301up

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Hi Chris, please would you send me an image of the lock area on the battery?

All the best, David
Hi David. Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry but I'm afraid I can't. Its a bike thats currently for sale local to me. I was thinking about buying it as a project but the battery and keys are missing. Hence my question. I can only show a picture of the 'for sale' post which I'll PM to you now. If that helps? Don't know if I could get the seller to take a photo of the area you're interested in? Thanks

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi David. Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry but I'm afraid I can't. Its a bike thats currently for sale local to me. I was thinking about buying it as a project but the battery and keys are missing. Hence my question. I can only show a picture (below) of the 'for sale' post. If that helps? Don't know if I could get the seller to take a photo of the area you're interested in? Thanks

View attachment 51761
Hi Chris, that's a very old bike 10 years plus and I dont recognise the battery. Unless you are very capable and would like a project, considering it's history and age my advice would be to leave it. We can't guarantee we will have parts.

All the best, David

chris301up

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Be very careful Chris, the bike is very old. It’s origins are also very suspect.

PM me the image and I’ll advise.

All the best, David

I don't know how to insert a photo in a private message. It just keeps showing a box with 'http..' in it. Thought I just be able to insert the image?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Always something a bit suss when there is no battery & charger, almost 100% to be a nicked item.

chris301up

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Always something a bit suss when there is no battery & charger, almost 100% to be a nicked item.
Yes. I was thinking that myself. But, as it's such an old bike, I thought I could either rebuild it or use some of the parts on my other bike possibly?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Ok. Would be nice to know how to insert photo's though? Thanks for your time David.
Unfortunately, photos can't be uploaded directly into PM messages, only links are allowed. They can be kept private if you have password protected webspace to upload the photo to, and share access. If you don't own the copyright of the photo, leave it wherever it is and provide a link. If it's a publically accessible photo on the internet: depending on your browser and device, you may be able right click to copy the image's location, then insert the link to the photo in a PM - sometimes you may need to disable Cascading Style Sheets and/or JavaScript to do so, other times you may have to look carefully through web page source code to find a link.

chris301up

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Unfortunately, photos can't be uploaded directly into PM messages, only links are allowed. They can be kept private if you have password protected webspace to upload the photo to, and share access. If you don't own the copyright of the photo, leave it wherever it is and provide a link. If it's a publically accessible photo on the internet: depending on your browser and device, you may be able right click to copy the image's location, then insert the link to the photo in a PM - sometimes you may need to disable Cascading Style Sheets and/or JavaScript to do so, other times you may have to look carefully through web page source code to find a link.
Wow! That sounds very complicated. I simply don't understand most of what you've mentioned? Cascading Style Sheets? Javascript? Page Source Codes? Images are just on my desktop. I usually just upload and that is that? I'm far too old for this modern tech stuff!