A new Electric Bike - but which one???

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Nigel

Hi david
will there be any chance that you will fit a turbo switch or off road on the works 905 at a later date it could be a good selling point.

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
Hi david
will there be any chance that you will fit a turbo switch or off road on the works 905 at a later date it could be a good selling point.
Also some better lights and mudguards too, the ones on it dont look that good for commuting in our inclement climate (looking at the pictures on the website - Ive never understood the point of lights under the seat, put your rack bag on and you cant see them)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Nigel, a turbo option is only available on an ebike if it's a designed in option in the first place. The 905e motor could be substantially altered to have a speed option like the Torq, but it would lose much of it's hill climbing ability in the same way.

John, full mudguards etc are extras advertised on the Wisper website. In other words, they are like an option pack, since not everyone wants them. You'll find mudguards at £19.95 under the Wisper Accessories in the left hand menu. LED lights are there at the same price

Ive never understood the point of lights under the seat, put your rack bag on and you cant see them)
Not a problem on the Q bike with it's low carrier though: :)

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Not for sale John, but the £845 Quando has the same advantage, or any other of the bikes with 20" or smaller wheels. :)

I must admit that when riding with saddle light strip shining on my backside in one of my local dark lanes, I wonder if drivers think they're catching up with a cycling baboon! :eek:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Biggest advantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by flecc

though oddly enough you never seem to mention it's biggest advantage, and were previously reticent about another advantage, leaving me in the dark although I'd asked for that information.

Hi Flecc

Please let me know which advantage we are missing and what information you would like?

Very best regards David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Off Road switch

Hi Nigel and John

We have already looked at the mud guards and off road switch and have made changes which will be seen on the next consignment. ;) We will also have a on off switch on the handle bars as the 905e has been designed to ride well without power.

Very good point about the rear light position, it's wrong! We will make changes immediately, some times we get so wrapped up in our work that we miss the obvious, many thanks! :)

Best regards David

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
fyi - It appears that some bike shops STILL have the old version of the Giant Twist in stock. Just noticed both the Comfort GTS and the Lite GTS for sale this website.
I followed this one up out of interest and received this reply:

I am afraid they are all out of stock, i have now ammended the website.

Jason
Simply The Bike

I think it was possibly just a way of attracting people to their site, advertising all Twist series models available, but letting them know who I was obviously resulted in them stopping this not uncommon practice.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
though oddly enough you never seem to mention it's biggest advantage, :confused: and were previously reticent about another advantage, leaving me in the dark although I'd asked for that information. Those genuine advantages are worth more to consumers than all the adjectives in the OED.
Hi Flecc

Re the above quote, I would be delighted to tell you about all the advantages of our 905e and would still like to hear what the "biggest advantage" is?

All the best David :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I included it in my lengthy email to you David, which was in response to your equally lengthy mail to me in which you have informed me of the advantages of the 905e already, plus some confidential information. Hence my replying confidentially, with my mail dated 28.5.07 and timed at 00.02.

Last edited:

BeckyH

Just Joined
May 19, 2007
Wisper 905e

Hi

I would love to try a Wisper 905e and wondered if it was possible to try one for a while, and then have someone pick it up if I didn't like it? I have considered trying one at the New Milton but haven't had the time to come over for the day, as I live on the Isle of Wight.

I noticed that David from Wisper was offering a free trial of the bike to another member, so I wondered if the same could be offered to me?

Thanks
Becky

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi

I would love to try a Wisper 905e and wondered if it was possible to try one for a while, and then have someone pick it up if I didn't like it? I have considered trying one at the New Milton but haven't had the time to come over for the day, as I live on the Isle of Wight.

I noticed that David from Wisper was offering a free trial of the bike to another member, so I wondered if the same could be offered to me?

Thanks
Becky
Hi Becky and thanks Flecc!

As you mention we do have a shop in New Milton New Forest, we would love to see you there. Alternatively we have a few bikes on the Isle of Wight that I am certain their proud owners would love to show them off.

There is a Pedelec rally on the 15th July in New Milton where you can try our bike along side the 50 cycles Torq and we hope many other e bikes.

Finally if you would prefer us to get a bike to you just call. My number is 01322 313650.

Best regards David

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
Bonsoir Grandad et bienvenue en arrière (welcome back)! :)

Nice shots, :cool: and bike looks quite flashy; listed as "easysport" on that site, lacking specs & looks distinctly similar to some other bikes available here at around the same price :D hard to tell if the motor is the same, and we're lacking specs on the bike motors that are for sale here anyway, so... 24V 7A NiMh battery so low-mid range and peak power output probably the same, so rather the same - just french name & price tag probably! Still, nice to see them for sale in the supermarkets. Maybe coming to Netto/Aldi/Lidl soon...? :D

Stuart.

poppy

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
Covas, Ferrol. La Coruña. Spain
Hi! I have to make up my mind in the next few weeks. Will anybody please tell me the pros and cons of the Wisper 905 se city and the Kalkhoff aggatu Pro Connect? Ive been around and around this issue several days and it´s starting to obssess me! Once again: I am 59, smoker, not in shape,medium height and weight, newcomer to biking, dont mind pedalling if effortlessly, mixed routes with not very steep but rather long hills. And regarding maintenance and minor repairs bear in mind that I live in Spain with no tradition or real expertise on e-bikes.
The more answers and advice the better! Do me a favor all of you and answer!
Thank you all. Poppy.