A new one on me......

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
When a friend sent me the attached web page, I had a quick look and thought, 'Here we go; another hip, young designer wants to re-invent the bicycle, get a few column inches and bask in that celebrity glow all young people seem to crave nowadays.'.......well, maybe his creation isn't as silly as many of the others I've seen.

When I actually looked at it properly, he's done a good job of incorporating some safety and security features into a fairly basic bike frame which looks pretty lightweight from what I can see. He has also seen fit to pop in a little hub motor and tiny battery for a bit of assist on the hills. Automatic gears and belt drive make it clear this is no road racer but I can imagine something like this finding favour with regular city commuters or even couriers.

Whether it ever makes it into full production remains to be seen but it's certainly not the worst attempt at re-inventing the bicycle that I have seen.

Tom

http://www.engadget.com/2014/07/29/denny-teague-e-bike-oregon-manifest/?utm_source=Feed_Classic_Full&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Engadget&?ncid=rss_full&cps=gravity