A Plus Sized Headache!

Bertyboy

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2017
Sussex
Hmmm. I struggled getting one under the bead edge. Two thick I wouldn't stand a chance. Unless I'm misunderstanding and you mean side by side? But even that would be hard. The Park levers look good in that they are very thin at the front edge but then thicken to about double my previous levers. So fingers crossed. When I get the new tyre later this week I'll have a go and post my results.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
I snapped levers quite a lot when changing Rocket Rons

I changed tyre type to Marathon Plus - I havent had a punture since (touch wood)
Great tyre, I ran them for over a year no punctures 3000 miles. Only problem was winter and lack of tread for off road stuff.

bigclick

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
Great tyre, I ran them for over a year no punctures 3000 miles. Only problem was winter and lack of tread for off road stuff.
Yes the lesser grip off road compared to the Rocket Ron is noticeable.

I have heard the tubeless plus size tyres(and presumably wheels to match) with sealant are pretty good for off road, plus they add extra suspension travel.

Reactions: Steve A

Bertyboy

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2017
Sussex
Okay. Replacement Nobby Nic 3" arrived yesterday. Still super tight to fit, however I think I have it sussed. Three of the heavy duty Park Tools levers are required. First one in and hooked on a spoke, second has to be almost next to it, say one spoke away. Again hooked and third one on. Middle one out and almost next to the third and it s off. You just need super tough levers that can take the force required, and just inch away slowly. Refitting, same technique, little and often. Plus a little dilute washing liquid on the last section of rim. So now I'm packing 4 of the PT levers at all times!

Related Articles

Advertisers