A random thread for things too unimportant for their own thread...

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I think your missing the point, I was explaining why my kit gets damp and wondering how often others in a similar position wash there kit ?

Reactions: robdon

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I think your missing the point, I was explaining why my kit gets damp and wondering how often others in a similar position wash there kit ?
We were doing it on purpose, missing the point I mean :)

My technical clothes come from decathlon and after a spin dry at 1200 rpm need about 15 minutes to dry. My brother's merino and possum socks (the ones he makes) get washed when I think they might be a little smelly but that can be days in the cold season.

Reactions: robdon and SHAN

SHAN

De-registered
Oct 13, 2017
Scotland
If I wore "the wrong kit" and suffered from dampness as a result then I would wash it when required; i.e. when it smells. Different materials behave in different ways. Socks made from Angora goat wool do not smell after many days of wear, whereas cheap manmade fibre ones, in my experience do. I've bought cycle clothing in the past that have caused "dampness", a; by not wicking away sweat and; b, by causing condensation. They end up in the bin petty quick.

Reactions: robdon

SHAN

De-registered
Oct 13, 2017
Scotland
I

Those things topple very easily. The c of g is too high. When you go fast and one of the back wheels hits a bump, over you go. Broken shoulders are likley. Avoid like the plague.
and, if you notice from the picture, the rear is unbraked, note the two brakes on the front.:oops:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
and, if you notice from the picture, the rear is unbraked, note the two brakes on the front.:oops:
Yes, it an oddity in the law that trikes can have the compulsory two bicycle brakes on the front wheel. Most single front wheel trikes have been like that for many years.

As d8veh has posted, these large wheel trikes are very dangerous on bends or even on uneven surfaces. They're rather better in 20" wheel versions like this Powabyke trike or with even smaller wheels.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
snapshot_00626E64C94A_20130108030038.jpg
it is the end of the world i need to rescue the larger from the shed :D

grldtnr

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
south east Essex
Jeez, that thing looks absolutely lethal!
Tandem trikes are even worse, the Stoker needs to work very hard to keep the barrow on the road,friends of mine used to have one, till they had to give it up, due to the Stoker losing her mobility.
Thing is they also were very strong cyclists as well.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

grldtnr

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
south east Essex
I

When you ride an Upwrong std trike,you need to shift your weight around to balance the trike, literally hanging off one side,or even over a wheel that you anticipate will lift, for this reason you would never master riding a trike.
I myself ride a recumbent trike, which are more stable,but I had barrel rolled twice,once when test riding a Mike Burrows 'Windcheater' trike, and once when riding my own Ross Trice, caught out by adverse camber on the road, bent to bug#ery, still managed to finish the 50 + miles to the end!

Those things topple very easily. The c of g is too high. When you go fast and one of the back wheels hits a bump, over you go. Broken shoulders are likley. Avoid like the plague.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I'm stuck in the de-electrified zone.
My old cube/Bosch has gone and the new one due sometime in January.
For now it's analogue only for me ;) I've put some mudguards on my pedel only bike and I'm enjoying a local circular ride, 8 to 10 miles of cycle paths and a few farm tracks, a bit muddy but fun and mostly flat :) I've been out the past 3 days and I'm hoping to get out every day over the hols.
When the new bike arrives I won't be held back by the surrounding hills :p
Back at work today, I remembered this optimistic post of mine :rolleyes:
10 days off work and I managed 9 rides of 8 to 20 miles each, some a bit windy others a bit cold but on none of them did it rain, which was nice :cool:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Advertisers