advice sought identifying model and year of a Currie conversion kit

akathatman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 1, 2012
I would like to upgrade my 300W Currie USPD motor to 36v but have learned from various posts that not all units can be over-volted without first replacing the inbuilt controller. I gather that the Indian suppliers for Currie are, or have been, Kollmorgen, BMC or MAC and one post states that not only the Kollmorgen had cooling fins such as this one does?
On another topic, I am struggling to find a UK supplier of ANSI #25 chain which will meet the same specification as the original drive chain and warnings have been given about using 6mm which is more commonly available. As an interim measure would I cause any damage to the sprockets by removing a link? The chain adjustment guide block has been fully extended and there's still too much slack. If anyone has access to a copy of the original documentation which would have been supplied with the USPD 300W kit I'd be very interested to hear from them too.

Attachments

akathatman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 1, 2012
Thanks very much flecc for the link. EVdeals have confirmed that it's a MAC/BMC model, late 90's /early 2000's and not capable of being run at 36V.
Still no luck finding a UK supplier of American National Standard #25 chain, unless I am willing place an order for a 10 foot length.