After burn

Robin

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 12, 2008
SL4
"After burn"...

Well I can't think of any thing else to describe it. I don't exercise much, but I'm enjoying my Agattu to the extent that this morning I cycled in with the power (mostly) on the lowest setting.

After arriving (about 5 minutes after), I experienced a sensation I can only describe as "after burn". Generally a feeling of being a bit warmer than usual. Lasted for about an hour. Wasn't external (i.e. heating), was definitely internal. Didn't feel bad, just odd.

Out of curiosity I tried googling about this, but my selection of keywords results in some, er, odd results.

I'm pretty sure this is called something, and probably means something good (like the exercise is working). Any clues?

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Inner glow. :)

Results from the exercise and a feeling of exhilaration from something physically achieved. It's very beneficial to general health.

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Inner glow. :)

Results from the exercise and a feeling of exhilaration from something physically achieved. It's very beneficial to general health.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

i get this kind of feeling after i find a bargain in the charity shop...lol..:eek:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

i get this kind of feeling after i find a bargain in the charity shop...lol..:eek:
Something I'd like to know Keith.

When someone buys from a charity shop in order to do good, do they try to barter the price up? :D

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Something I'd like to know Keith.

When someone buys from a charity shop in order to do good, do they try to barter the price up? :D
------------------------------------------------------------------------

charity shops are not what they once where,they are now sellers of goods as good quality as ex catalogue shops...dont even try and get rid of your junk at one :eek: ..and many a time i have heard people try to offer less then the price tag..how cheeky can you be ....

and as for that phrase you use...."in order to do good"... im pretty sure that was :rolleyes: as the only generation that still try to do good is my mums.....
CRIKEY !!!!! just realised Flecc...you are that generation so might have been a sincere comment from you.:rolleyes:

essexman

Pedelecer
Dec 17, 2007
cb11
Generally a feeling of being a bit warmer than usual.
Everyone in our office complains its too cold in the morning and too hot in the afternoon. When i cycle the temperature is just fine. If i drive i feel like everyone else.

Its just your metabolism getting going.

I got lots of relevant hits with my first google search: exercise elevated metabolism.

My wifes a dietician and i'm a biochemist by training so it was easy for me to get the right terms.