Afternoon All!

Wolfie70

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 1, 2016
Leeds, Yarkshire!
Afternoon,
I'm looking at pedelec's as an alternative to getting to work without getting sweaty. I've had my driving licence revoked due to a loss of peripheral vision found during a routine eye test for some reading glasses. Should have stuck with my £1.99 Primani classics!

I live approx 12 miles away from my work place, not far, but public transport is disjointed with significant walking distances in between. Not really practical.

As it happens I'm a really keen mountain biker so it's not like I'd struggle to cycle to work. I just need to avoid the sweating!

Been looking at the Specialized Turbo and Scott E-Sub Evo. Need to carry luggage and use it for shopping trips as it'll be my only mode of convenient transport from now on. I'm wanting something that l like the look of too as I own things like Orange Segment, Stanton Sherpa, Cannondale Synapse if you know what they are?

Any advice welcome! Thanks in anticipation...

Cheers, Dave near Leeds.

DAJ

Pedelecer
May 8, 2015
Hi Dave, I had similar requirements to you as I spend so much time in the car commuting I don't want to use it on my days off. Also being an enthusiastic cyclist I wanted something to compliment my existing stable, not replace them.

I opted for a Cube SUV Hybrid 500 2016. It has an 8 speed hub which removes the chance of the chain coming off, which seems to plague some people with crank drives.

I only received it last Friday and so far have only done a few miles, but on Sunday I am taking it over the Pennines. I have mounted a rack and on this bike the rack does not interfere with the disc brake.

I received an email from Wheelies today telling me they have 15% off right now bringing it down to £1700 from the £2k I paid :(.

The looks certainly did it for me:

Wolfie70

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 1, 2016
Leeds, Yarkshire!
Thanks DAJ,
I actually stumbled across the Cube Hybrid stuff last night. Looks very much like something that would be at home in my garage. The "race" model with the rigid forks has definitely taken my eye!

How does the rear hub gear fit in?

Dave.

Jason Scott

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2014
We were looking at Raleigh bikes before being recommended Cube. They are great quality and a good price for Bosch motors.

Reactions: Wolfie70

DAJ

Pedelecer
May 8, 2015
How does the rear hub gear fit in?

Dave.
Fit in with my existing fleet ? So far very well, a crank drive eBike on the road doesn't seem to need a load of gears, that is coming from someone who rarely gets to ride on the flat. I have had a few "noises" but they are reducing so I am putting it down to stiction that will reduce with use.

I have another thread for my 70 mile eBike adventure starting tomorrow, check it out :).

Reactions: Wolfie70