Alien electric bikes

CRT8

Just Joined
Jun 19, 2012
Does anyone have any experience of the alien electric bikes? Reliability, speed, hill climbing etc? I was thinking of the vortex or the tornado?

Thanks.

Morgann

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2011
One of the lads on the forum has an Aurora; seems very chuffed with it. Thinking about one myself.
Apparently it's a bit of a beast and climbs like a monkey. Dunno about the other models tho.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's because the Aurora is illegally powered, something the supplier has never hidden. Their other models I know of are legal so will not perform in the same way.

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
I had a Gents Special II. It was solidly built and was a pleasure to ride, it was road legal & had a fair bit of poke to it! I had a fault on the battery & the customer service to resolve it was top notch. If the Aurora was road legal I would buy it, the road legal bikes they stock are a bit on the small side for me, but I'd have little hesitation in buying from them again.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
I've still got my GSII, it's been a great bike but is now in need of a new battery after 2.5 years of use. IME Alien have always been helpful and good to deal with, I'd recommend them...