Alien Synergie controls

Jim Rawcliffe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 4, 2015
Hi all! I've been looking at your site for a few months in my research for a bike and it's been very informative and helpful. Thank you!

I've now bought a second hand Alien Synergie just to ease myself into the whole thing but I'm not sure about the controls. It has a throttle on the right and a controller on the left with an on'off switch and below it, a green button with three levels on it.

Can anyone tell me how they should be used please? I'v been out on it a few times but I don't think I'm using it properly!

Jim

D

Deleted member 4366

The power should come automatically after you've turned the pedals about one rotation. Each time you press the green button, the display steps to the next power level from 1 to 3, then three to one and up again. Whatever power level it's set to is what you get; however, they're actually target speeds, so level 1 might be 8 mph, level 2 12 mph and level three maximum speed. Any time you use the throttle, it'll override the pedal setting and give whatever power is set on the throttle. Again, the throttle sets a target speed rather than power, so maximum throttle gives maximum speed and half-throttle gives half-speed.

Reactions: KirstinS

Jim Rawcliffe

Jan 4, 2015
Brilliant! Thanks. To be honest that's kind of what I thought but I've been going faster and faster trying to keep up with it! I've been driving alongside cars at the same speed and getting strange looks from drivers! Guess I'll have to learn the whole electric thing. I'm so used to putting in all the effort it's difficult to accept the assistance. Certainly haven't used the car as much since I've had it.

Reactions: KirstinS

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Depending on the model you may find some wires sticking out underneath the bottom bracket

If they are connected then a15.5mph Speed restriction is in place if not connected then no restriction

If going too fast for you then try connecting them. If present that is ! Certainly there on a synergy mistral as I had one at one stage

Jim Rawcliffe

Jan 4, 2015
It's never too fast! Guess I'll have to use the other bike as well to get some exercise as this seems to easy. It's a alien synergie about a year or so old from what I can gather. It was in a right mess, split in the frame etc etc but it's good now and loads of fun. Don't think people are aware how good these things are.