All cyclistS - watch this! BRILLIANT!

Oiseaux

Pedelecer
Jan 19, 2011
La roche Posay, Vienne, France
Good video Penny Farthing. I found this as well;

In preparation for the influx of cyclists in May, volunteers for the bike advocacy group Time's Up! added symbols like this Love Lane stencil to bike pathways across New York. Since 2000, bike use in the city has increased by 75 percent to nearly 130,000 commuters every day. City officials recently announced plans to double current bicycle use by 2015, and double the amount of bike lanes to 400 miles (compared to the city’s 6,000 miles of city streets).

"Life is like a bicycle," Albert Einstein once said. "To keep your balance you have to keep moving."

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Thats great Penny...well, not for casey, but it just goes to show how ridiciculous the law can be sometimes.
Really funny film :)

Now then, hows that new bike going ?
Have you been far?
hows the range ?

I actually like the look of the gepida1100 I'm just not sure about the tiny batteries...whether its worth while carrying a couple of extra batteries for the comfort of the actual bike.Depends on the prices I suppose, but if they're £400+ then forget it......do you happen to know replacement battery costs ?
I remember trying a 1000 last year and it was VERY comfortable.

Lynda

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
ah, you mean the new style batteries they have brought out I think. I don't know much about those yet.

Sadly, I've been dealing with some quite severe illness in my immediate family this past two weeks (timing with bike very bad) so not been out as much as possible as have been nurse-maid day and night and on my knees inbetween. However, have managed some cycling and only two trips to work and back - one today in the rain and a headwind.

I absolutely LOVE it but it wouldn't be fair for me to comment yet on small irregular trips and two trips to work and back. Hoping to use it most days. I love that I can ride up all the hills. I noticed on my way home from work tonight that my front tyre was slightly down and coupled with being tired I found I needed to use the battery more than I did the previous trip - but that is a bonus - I was tired and it worked. (I like to cycle without power too - the aim is to get fit).

I'm afraid the comfort ride of the bike won me over vs. the battery not being the best on the market. I like that it is a small battery though.

Thats great Penny...well, not for casey, but it just goes to show how ridiciculous the law can be sometimes.
Really funny film :)

Now then, hows that new bike going ?
Have you been far?
hows the range ?

I actually like the look of the gepida1100 I'm just not sure about the tiny batteries...whether its worth while carrying a couple of extra batteries for the comfort of the actual bike.Depends on the prices I suppose, but if they're £400+ then forget it......do you happen to know replacement battery costs ?
I remember trying a 1000 last year and it was VERY comfortable.

Lynda

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Sorry to hear that Penny, look forward to hearing more when things have got better family wise.
Chin up and hope things are a lot better soon.
Plenty time for exploring more with your lovely new bike :)
Lynda