An electric bike - but not as we know it..........

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I got one of those for Christmas :p

[video=youtube_share;nqOIchNSuIY]http://youtu.be/nqOIchNSuIY[/video]

The first thing I need to do is disable the music!

Seriously though interesting video I think I have seen it posted elsewhere. Is it full sized ?

Jerry

Last edited:

Jeremy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2007
Salisbury
Seriously though interesting video I think I have seen it posted elsewhere. Is it full sized ?

Jerry
It looks to be fairly small scale. The impressive thing (to me, at least) is the way that it retains balance, and even manages to start from a standstill (and stop) without falling over. I'd imagine getting that right must have caused a fair bit of head-scratching amongst the programmers on the team that put it together.

Ajax

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
It looks to be fairly small scale. The impressive thing (to me, at least) is the way that it retains balance, and even manages to start from a standstill (and stop) without falling over. I'd imagine getting that right must have caused a fair bit of head-scratching amongst the programmers on the team that put it together.
I can see how they might do this. You'd have basic steering input from an rf controller, but then primary systems would sense tilt and and apply a steering overide to adjust the balance. The crank actually seems to be connected by belt to the rear wheel.

Of course i'll only be impressed when the robot pops a wheely.

Old_Dave

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2012
Dumfries & Galloway
Gyro ? (a very small Coriolis force one, lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Reminds me of my journeys home from the pub on a saturday night